The Daily Obamanation .... ALL ROLLED INTO ONE

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame/Shame' started by PetreTG, Feb 13, 2008.

1. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

Coon? Never heard that in reference to race?

2. D MAN

D MAN "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Foreign aid = foreign occupation

3. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Did you ban Dymipipel for his anti Polish thread?

I didn't think so.

Hypocrite.

If you want to ban someone just because they hurt your feelings, just say so.

Unless there's some Fightbeat rule that I'm not aware of that racism is tolerated, unless of course, it's against blacks.

TFK

4. slystaff

slystaff Im Banned

Dude I haven't been policing the boards recently in case you haven't noticed so obviously i haven't seen dymi's thread. If I had he would have been gone for at least 3 months because he's a waste of space.

But don't come on here and tell me that I'm biased towards black or you're next to go....

5. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Oh, fuck off. Don't threaten me because I called out your hypocrisy.

I haven't done a God damn thing on this board to deserve a banning, so if you do decide to overstep your 'authority', I'm sure you'll be dealt with the same way Phonetap was when he got on his power trip everytime his feelings got hurt.

The bottom line is, if you don't like being called a hypocrite, don't be one.

TFK

6. atomicdOGg34

atomicdOGg34 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

student
    Home Page:
    :bears:

7. atomicdOGg34

student
    Home Page:
    with some people it is

others..... get the shears ready...bbbaaaahhhh

8. dsimon3387

dsimon3387 WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

dsimon writes:

There was to be a coalition where better conditions... albiete somewhat compromised so all could be included, would be agreed upon in advance between the urban migratory workers, the agricultural workers and the students in the universities. The students decided not to join this coalition and alientated their demands from the coalition. Instead of a coalition where better working conditions, wages (for the proles), and a better situation for farmers, along with better conditions for University students, the students went at it alone. That is why they did not have the support of the other groups in Tianeman square.

I know this because my prof was in Tianeman square when it went down. The students thought themselves above the other groups and were convinced that the Chinese respect for education and the privaleged position of the educated would make an attack on the students improbable. The arrogance of the students was such that they were demanding not to be assigned to rural districts, which was a slap in the face of people in these districts (the farmers) who wanted access to education.

While there were issues of freedom a lot of the more prosaic issues were entitlements that university students wanted: Not to be asked to leave the cities primarily.

9. dsimon3387

dsimon writes:

No, hardly. I am advocating helping the Chinese by using resources to help educate the poor people in China. I believe that we should help other nations in the world by using dollars to spread education and build infrastructure in the countries that need it. Mexico and China for example keep an entire population is poverty and ignorance and then we get those people because there are no opportunities.

10. atomicdOGg34

student
    Home Page:
    bleeding heart liberal

11. dsimon3387

dsimon writes:

Ortho was wrong to respond that way but you antagonized him... not cool to ban under those conditions.

12. dsimon3387

dsimon writes:

:bears: Bravo!! the poor agricultural and itenerant urban workers in China are hardly the problem. The rising urban Middle class is another story.

First off as a practical matter the poor can hardly afford to migrate here, or anywhere and they do not consume in excess. They also fufill a useful purpose by growing food and producing things through labor.

The same greedy pricks we have in this country are the problem over there. I hate to say it but I can't wait for the government to crack down and destroy the capitolists when it sees fit. It was brutal and overkill what was done to the students but something had to be done.:dunno:

13. dsimon3387

dsimon writes:

yeah and you had no part in antagonizing him knowing how he would react. I give OC shit about his rascism all the time, but when I do it I make an effort to tread lightly knowing that he gets fired up easily. Is that too much to ask?

14. dsimon3387

dsimon writes:

Fuck off and go poute another 2 months. Stop using the boards to abuse your authority. What a shithead. Comes back to start a fight with people and threaten others.

Your race is not the problem... that is true, it is your character and your need to abuse your mod powers which should at this point be taken away.

edit: Ohh and regarding Dym... Dym may troll at times but he is one of the most intelligent posters on the board.

15. dsimon3387

dsimon writes:

there is a fair amount of self interest involved with why I would choose to render this type of aid, altruism and a liberal agenda do not figure much into my reasons.

What people like you and Rope fail to realize is that when a region of the world sufers from poverty and ignorance it affects you and your society. These problems need addressing and when remedied effectively solutions that are cost effective and based on the pursuite of self interest are the inevitable result.

I don't know about you but I would love Mexico to be self sufficient enough so that my society does not become a third world country, my tax dollars do not become a means to provide welfare to the kids of those people who are here (and not there), and people in that society can have a standard of living that teaches them not to breed excessively, but to educate one kid who will make a contribution to the world instead of being a drain on the world. Is that so hard for you to understand? :notallthere:

16. atomicdOGg34

student
    Home Page:
    your missing the point

if you want to give some money to the poor, the uneducated, the starving.... thats great, you can

but it should be every single persons choice if they wish to give, all charity should be voluntary

answer me this, lets say you had a neighbor that came over to your house and without even asking you, opened your wallet, took all the money in it, then mailed it off to someone you dont even know in africa? and he did this repeatedly.

how would you feel

17. dsimon3387

dsimon writes:

Your example is simplistic to the point of not applying. How would you like to have a neighbor who had a leaky roof that was pouring shit onto and destroying your roof? What if he needed you to chip in to fix the problem so your roof would not get destroyed? What if the price for this was substantially less than it would cost you to let his roof be destroyed and your roof as a result? You dig? :dunno:

Stop taking it on a personal level... The poverty in a third world country is a reality that we all feel the effects of, it does not have to do with you being shaken down to give money.... it is as much as a problem as a hurricane that has to be stopped somewhere else so it does not blow your trailer park down...

18. atomicdOGg34

student
    Home Page:
    so basically your saying take peoples money without their permission is cool

and you said my comparison was simplistic?

19. dsimon3387

dsimon writes:

Do you really not understand my point? I can't explain it any better. I am hardly talking about taking people's money.... Your not getting what I am saying and I explained it to the best of my ability.

20. atomicdOGg34

student
    Home Page:
    i understand what your saying, however its not within the power of the govt to do such things

the constitution is to protect INDIVIDUAL rights, when you look at it at the individual level it breaks down

i agree we should help other countries, but its difficult to say how, it should be done all by voluntary charity, but who the money goes to and how is complicated, shit like that usually winds up in the wrong hands and doesnt do what you hoped

21. dsimon3387

dsimon writes:

It is a public health issue and it does not have to be the government per se. Quasi government entities like Sallie Mae (for mortgages) or private donors are just a few possabilites. My point is that it is a problem with a solution. I don't see the government as having to be the solution, though if we can spend money to start a war we should be able to spend money to prevent global problems that will affect every citizen of this countries standard of living.

22. atomicdOGg34

student
    Home Page:
    im saying we dont spend money on war either

if people werent taxed for everything then more would prolly give to charity

and if we fixed this messed up economic situation and shit, thatd help too

23. r o o s t e r

r o o s t e r "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I knock motherfuckers out
    the stuff abuot the internal coalition anglings is interesting - i haven't heard that before.

on the point about the Beida students not wanting to be sent down to the countryside - that's always seemed sensible, and certainly not arrogant. that maoist cultural revolution "proletarian education" screwed up a generation, set the whole country back. they sure don't make the beida or tsinghua kids waste their talents anymore - they let them work as engineers, scientists, businessmen, wherever they want.

24. dsimon3387

dsimon writes:

Indeed. Unfortunately its sort of a no win situaton. I certainlky wouldn't want to study Wittgenstein and then get sent to teach in suburb of Hellsinki :lol: but the people in the rural areas suffer tremendously because no qualfied teachers want to be in those areas.

25. r o o s t e r

ironic since wittgenstein himself gave up philosophy and went to teach math in a little elementary school in austria, h aha

sreiously though, they weren't getting sent to teach, they were getting sent to do manual labour, or whatever other clueless plan the ccp happened to come up with

poor education in rural areas is definitely a problem, and the gov't have some schemes to encourage bright grads to spend a year out there teaching, before embarking on their career.

26. dsimon3387

dsimon writes:Those poor people get no love. Pollution and no medical care, it is sad. Yeah Mao was an ass that way. He modernized the textbooks.... that was his contribution. Unfortunately he threw the teachers out the window. Kant was also like that. He never left his home town haha.

27. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

:lol: :tease:

28. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Now you know how Mexicans felt when gringos started ILLEGALLY coming into Mexican territory by the hundreds of thousands (and eventually millions) way back in the mid 1800s...now it's the beaners' turn.

How do you like dem apples now?

Manifest Destiny Northwards!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

29. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    If it's any consolation, I got it :lol:

Ideolgy is a hard thing to shake apparently.

30. r o o s t e r

that was a typo and you know it.

:blobbox: