THE FLASH tv pilot review

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

Okay I watched this one last night a good 4 weeks before it airs on tv thanks to the magic of online piracy (it was actually a high definition quality copy probably sent to potential ads air time buyers) and this is my verdict: it is a good predictable by-the-numbers, self masturbatory little thing that has potential to become bigger (knowing ahead of time DC's plans of an expanding universe with the tv characters of Arrow & The Flash being integrated to the future Justice League big screen film). The events here are loosely based on the comicbook character and wastes no time in introducing superhuman antics from the get go which wasn't so effective. What really works is the dorky actor portraying Barry Allen who has this nerdy sense of wonder that Toby McGuire lacked as he first tests his superspeed powers. I didn't gave a damn about the subplot o the death of his mother and his friend-zone situation with the chick BFF. The special effects were acceptable for tv and are there as a tool for the plot, not to produce awe. Some secondary characters were plain uninteresting and hopely will be fleshed out better in upcoming episodes. Not the event CW is hoping for, but who knows? If audiences are dumb enough to pay $12 for another stupid Transformers movie, they can watch and enjoy this one for free. 6/10

[​IMG]

2. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Gonna skip this for 2 reasons.

1.) Fuck the Flash.

2.) The trailer was underwhelming.

3. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

You won't miss much.