The Leftovers

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Anthony, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

Fair enough.

I'm a theologian by the way. I love to debate scripture. I'm writing a book on this stuff, hoping to get it published this summer.

2. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

Are you? Let's debate this very topic of the Rapture in a new thread or in here if you want. :Bad: I don't call myself a theologian, but an apologist. I have written many bible studies from scratch and while I am currently rusty in remembering many passages that I used to know by memory (haven't read the bible in a long time, but before I got lazy I had read it 8 times cover-to-cover), I still got enough in the tank for a healthy debate.

3. Panchyprsss

The film had these mysterious beings like in the shadows preparing the scene. They strike me more as Men in Black (the UFO phenomenon, not the stupid Will Smith movie) to eventually do their move which was kind of silly in execution for either aliens or angels. When Jesus in the scripture described "... then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven." there are two interpretations to that passage: The Rapture or the Gathering. Like I said before the Rapture has three interpretations: pre, mid & post tribulation time. The Gathering is directed linked to the Second Coming of Jesus which is NOT the Rapture. Not going into details here now as I am at my job, but the Gathering is different to the rapture as it involves those who will convert and survive during the tribulation period and will be gathered to be spared from the final wrath of God that will be unleashed; so terrible that only a few will survive.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  4. Destruction and Mayhem

Nope. Rapture and this "gathering" you're speaking of is the same thing. POST TRIBULATION.

5. Panchyprsss

Are you a Seventh Day Adventist by any chance?

6. Destruction and Mayhem

Nope. I have no affiliation whatsoever. I grew up evangelical/Pentecostal but I've move away from them somewhat due to a few heretical teachings that they have. Apostolic is the closest to what I am.