The old movie thread: ratings and discussion' or some shiz

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by steve_dave (old account), Mar 21, 2007.

1. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Did you see Shaun of the Dead?

2. osfan

osfan Undisputed Champion

Yes, i have seen Shaun of the Dead, my dear. And Hot Fuzz too.

3. ArturoGatti

Home Page:
    so o's fan is Arben's alias?

I knew it, no actual person can act like you.

4. Arben

Arben "Twinkle Toes" McJack

No.

I saw it, but I'm not big on horrer movies, so I never gave it my undivided attention when it came to Shaun of the Dead.

5. ArturoGatti

Home Page:
    I thought that was a comedy, too. :dunno:

6. Black Market Baby

Black Market Baby International Degenerate

I saw hot fuzz too, very funny. Good stuff and a good parody of action flicks.

7. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

SHOOTER - 7/10 - A very good movie for it's genre. I liked it alot having seen it on an airplane. I thought it was full of action and cool scenes.

8. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast
    Get Rich Or Die Tryin' - I was really shocked at how much better this was then I expected it to be. 50 cent does a decent job. Not exactly an original storyline but well made and kept my attention. 7/10

9. Maverick

Maverick Undisputed Champion

Next= Cage should die Corrales style. This movie was beyond bad.

Also, saw Spiderman 3. It was boring. The second one was actually more watchable.

Last edited: May 10, 2007
  10. MassaCure

MassaCure Undisputed Champion

i heard the same thing about s3, imma wait for video for that one, i thought the other ones where boring as well

11. Maverick

Maverick Undisputed Champion

Yeah they all were boring too, but out of all three. The second one is the least shitty.

12. holler

holler WBC Champion

Spiderman 3 - poop
    no plot, emo spiderman, worst casting job ever for venom, completely useless sandman character. movie was garbage

13. Octopus

Octopus Undisputed Champion

Used Cars-I'm a big Jack Warden fan,but wasn't too impressed by this movie. Could of been better 6/10.

14. osfan

I hate it when the explanation for the whole thing is: It's only a dream/vision.

15. LATIN KING

LATIN KING Undisputed Champion

I finally watched Babel. Pretty good movie but somewhat overrated. It was as good as 21 Grams but not as good as Amores perros. :popcorn:

16. osfan

:nono: :nono: Popcorn is bad for you.

17. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

Stranger than Fiction - 8/10 - Good movie, highly recommended. Is it a chick flick or a dramadey? At any rate it's a very good movie with Will Ferrel showing his depth as a serious actor.

Alpha Dog - 8/10 - Good movie, one of those that you have to see at least once. Some pretty good acting from J.Timburlake and an awesome fight scene from the guy who played the Angel in X3. Also not a terrible acting job by (you guessed it) Fernando Vargas.

24 Weeks Later - 6/10 - Thought it was much better than the first which seemed to be more a quest/adventure movie at times rather than a horror. There was no pussying out in this one like in the first as it wasn't afraid to get really violent and even scary at times. The only complaint I had was the nothing that went on between waiting for the outbreak to occur.

18. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

1408 review

1/10 - mainstream shit.

19. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

1408 - Really creepy through the first half, but kinda fell off in the 2nd half IMO, and I was kinda disappointed w/the end. 6.5/10.

The Nightwatcher - I heard that this movie was a good suspense film, but it sucked ass to me! 4/10.

Ghost Rider - I admit it was better than I thought it would be, but still nothing special at all. Fine ass Eva Mendes probably made it more watchable than it really was. 6/10

Bug - Holy shit what a crappy movie! I saw it the day after it came out, no wonder it only stayed in the theatres for like a week. 2/10.

20. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

The Messenger: 3.5/10 Shitty Amittyville rip-off. Ghost in a house only the little baby and his big sister can see 'em...it's not till the last 15 minute that it get a bit interesting...

[​IMG]

Hannibal Rising: 5.5/10 Not a bad film but has a weak and long story. And Hannibal's early killing were nothing special they could've been a bit more graphic w/ the killings.
    [​IMG]

Freedom Writers: 7/10 Same story teacher goes into the hood and help the ghetto hoodrats to better their lives through education and shit. The first 20 minutes there alot of bullshit fake thuggerism but then it gets better....this one is better than other ex. Dangerous Minds but not as good as Stand and Deliver or Lean On Me...
    [​IMG]

The Shooter: 6.5/10
    I just like it...Mark is a former sniper who is persuaded out of retirement by some US military "agency" to help them stop a plot to kill the US president, but then he is double-crossed and framed for the attempt and is being hunted by the FBI,CIA,etc..etc....good shit...GOOD REVENGE MOVIE...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  21. holler

holler WBC Champion

Dead Silence - WOW. Quite possibly one of the dumbest movies I have ever seen. Its a movie about an evil ventriloquist and her doll, what the hell should I have expected? Definitely one of those really bad, yet unintentionally funny movies -which is probably the only redeeming quality of this POS. :shit:

The Messengers - I agree, definitely another crappy Amittyville ripoff. :shit: If anything, the movie had a great soundtrack to go along with the new 7.1 sound system we put together.

I love horror flicks - that's why I keep renting them, but I would say 95% of them are absolute garbage. The 5% that are actually good make it worthwhile though.

I've heard good things about "The Thing" which was just recently released on HD-DVD. Is it a movie worth looking into?

22. Xplosive

You think thats bad, you should see Boogeyman.

23. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

I like it alot..one of my favorites...but i don't know about $25-30 dollar for the HD version...

24. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

I just saw Black Snake Moan..

anyone see it? Not bad

25. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

I got this one on DVD.. haven't watched it yet

The Shooter: 6.5/10 I just like it...Mark is a former sniper who is persuaded out of retirement by some US military "agency" to help them stop a plot to kill the US president, but then he is double-crossed and framed for the attempt and is being hunted by the FBI,CIA,etc..etc....good shit...GOOD REVENGE MOVIE...
    [​IMG][/quote]

26. TKO

TKO Administrator Staff Member

Shooter was pure shite....a step back for marky mark after the departed.

27. Xplosive

Saw a couple of new movies recently, all of them good. Here:

Shooter: I dont know why this movie got such bad reviews, I liked it. Good movie, good plot, good action, kick ass ending. Only thing I didnt like about it was Danny Glover's old ass was muttering the whole time and was hard as hell to understand. 7.5/10

Bobby: This movie was EXCELLENT! Definitely watch it if you havent seen it already. Its bout the assasination of Bobby Kennedy for those know might not know. Great performances by every actor/actress in it, even NICK CANNON. 9/10

Live Free/Die Hard: Yup! Definitely go see this one! Its right up there with the first one, and the third one. Movie is fire! 8.5/10

Black Snake Moan: Very good movie, Sam Jackson gives the best performance he's had in AWHILE in this movie! And Christina Ricci's sexy ass was good in it also. 8/10

Transformers: Pretty entertaining, funny I thought. I didnt love it by any means, but it didnt leave me disappointed either. 6.5/10

28. ArturoGatti

Home Page:
    :laughing:

29. I and I

I and I "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I saw SICKO

And nothing that was said on this board is correct about the movie. (except for what I said of course) :lol:

30. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

it was okay...just okay..nothing special.