The ROCKY series appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Joe King, Feb 9, 2014.

1. LOK

LOK I'll eat your asshole alive

:bears:

Hamed prolly packs 3 inches
    I think sly could take it

2. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    :hammert:

3. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

I had a revelation about Rocky 5 after discussing it with some coworkers. It always would burn me a bit that while I loved Rocky 5, most people seem to consider it the worst in the franchise (at least until Rocky Balboa).

My friends made me realize that the reason I love it so much is because it is the most dramatized Rocky of the series and most people hate it because Rocky is supposed to be an action film. Think about all the dramatic issues in this film: the issue with the promoter, Rocky taking on a protégé, his issues with his son, his health and financial issues. That's a lot of stuff for one film and it was all balanced very well. Meanwhile this is also the only Rocky where he didn't have an actual organized fight in a ring and I think that is another knock against it that people hate.

Personally I always enjoyed the inside view of the Rocky story where we see his interactions and daily life issues more then the fights. In my opinion the only fights that lived up to the hype were in 3 and 4. So 5 turned out to be a Rocky drama with a street fight but personally I enjoyed both of those changes.

4. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

Rocky 5 was shit shit shit and more shit. Absolute shit. As such i refused to watch Rocky 6 and never will and Stallone is dead to me just like George Lucas.

5. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

But you watched CREED, did'nt you? :popcorn:

6. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

I haven't watched it yet but will. It's a spin off, not a direct Rocky film...so I see it in a different light.