UFC 201 - Lawler vs Woodley

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by REEDsART, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Jeffy

Jeffy Undisputed Champion

/this

UFC is hype machine. You didnt get the memo??

2. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Despite UFC's (or ANY Other Combative Sports Promotion) Propensity to OVERHYPE Aspects of their Product, the Overselling of Matt Brown's BADASSERY, In Particular, NEVER Seemed the Least Bit Justified...

Even PRIOR to TFK Pointing Out Dude's Record is a Barely Above Average 20wins and 15losses (10 by Submission), REED NEVER Saw the Level of Consistent DOMINANCE Associated with a "BADASS"...It's just NEVER Been There...You Wanna Label Brown "Exciting", "Ballsy", an "Action Hero", "All Entertainment"???...Have @ It...

But a "Badass" is a BADASS & Mike Brown has Never EVER Been One...Perhaps he Kicked Joe Rogan's Ass in Sparring 1 Day, REED Doesn't Know...But the Label has NEVER Seemed Warranted...

REED:hammert:

3. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I get what you mean. Tough describes him definitely better than the word badass. He has gotten better over the years that I won't take that title away from him if he persisted on it. :lol:

You think Nate Diaz or Conor McGregor are badasses?

4. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

McGregor's an UNDISPUTED 145 lb "Badass", in REED's Opinion...Remains to Be Seen, if He's Such @ a Higher Weight...Diaz was Definitely a "Badass" the Night he Tapped McGregor Out, Given the Short Notice and How the Fight Itself Played Out...

Overall, Yes, REED Would Say Nate Diaz is a "Badass"...

REED:mj:

5. His_Royness

But he is 19-10 overall losing so many decisions were he lacked this level of dominance that's required for being a badass? :dunno:

6. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Diaz's Resume SHITS on Browns, Bro...He's Beaten Better Guys than Brown's Beaten and Lost to a HIGHER Caliber of Opponent than Brown's Lost To...

And Then There's That SIGNATURE WIN...No Comparison at All btwn Nate Diaz and Matt Brown....

REED

7. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

Woodley´s 100% on the juice though, right?

8. His_Royness

fair enough!

9. His_Royness

Browns best three losses are Maia, Lawlor, Hendricks... Nate Diaz are dos Anjos, Rory McDonald, and Bendo... the rest are good too average guys...

Beaten maybe, Lost to... I don't think so.

10. mw314159

mw314159 Undisputed Champion

I'd call both guys badasses. Brown has been on a bad streak recently, maybe temporary or maybe not. He's the only man who beat Wonderboy Thompson, the guy who's going to destroy Woodley and reign as the next welterweight champion. He was on a 7 fight win streak before this latest downturn in his career.

Nate has been one of my favorite fighters since the beginning. I was originally more of a Nick fan, but Nate is stepping out of his big brother's shadow and proving that he's one of the best in the world. He's vulnerable to a select few fighters out there who have the style to exploit his weaknesses.

11. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

A 20-15 Record is MORE than a Recent "Bad Streak", Bro...

REED:hammert: