UFC 244: Masvidal vs Diaz

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Rich ´Money´ Mustard, Oct 21, 2019.

1. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Come on, Diaz is tough as nails, he was just outskilled and outgunned. Mas looked like he was perhaps slightly gassed after round 3.

2. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I'm not saying he isn't tough. ONly that he seems to accept his fate rather passively in that fight. Was always turning his body around and not throwing much. And this is coming from someone who has huge respect for the Diaz

3. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

I kind of thought JW wasn’t real. He had some devastating KO’s but they all seemed a bit fluky and were against subpar opposition. As it stands he looks very very limited against real competition.

The Black Beast fight was so slow and boring that after a round and a half I fast forwarded through it. Same thing with the Till v Gastelum fight because it was too much fence leaning and looked more like a sparring session.

Diaz looked shot and sounds punchy. It always amazed me how Diaz can look good enough to beat a guy like Pettis one fight and look like a rank amateur the next. He’s throwing kicks with no technique and nothing on them and at other times flailing his hands like a girl. He also never utilizes strategy. He never tried to go for a take down and submission because it would look weak to everyone. He’d probably prefer to accept a loss than fight smart and go for a take down.

I also see no reason for a rematch. It was one sided and uncompetitive and with all the scar tissue Diaz has and the way he eats shots he’s likely to cut in every fight he has from here on out. So what’s the point, because people were booing?

4. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED Knows Lewis was Taken Down and KEPT There for Stretches of the Fight, But Apparently You Missed Those Instances...

Dude Offered Virtually NATHAN Other than a Handful of Bombs, as he Sucked Wind Like an Asthmatic in a Marathon...

Your "Knowledge" of Combat Sports Consists of Chode Maple's Man Parts, Exclusively...The Judges Themselves Had the Verdict SPLIT, 3-0 Lewis, 2-1, Lewis and 2-1 Ivanov, Which is Closer to the DRAW REED Said the Bout COULD Have Been...

REED:Hammer

5. D MAN

D MAN "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Agree- i’m way more interested to see a unique match than a rematch where one guy plays punching bag for 2/3 of the fight before maybe taking a shot (and yeah he does have a small, but legit shot at winning..) at actually winning. Its like the stand-up version of lay n’ pray. No thanks..

6. BOSS

BOSS TBD

Lewis landed bombs on him and the Bulgarian did nothing but show chin. Those couple takedowns resulted in ZERO damage and Lewis popped right back up. Easy win for Lewis 3-0.

7. BOSS

BOSS TBD

I felt like that crazy combo in the beginning of round 1 should have been it. Nate got smoked fast and hard. It felt to me Jorge was carrying Nate a bit to put on a show. I love Nate but he was completely outgunned.

8. timmothysmith01

timmothysmith01 Leap-Amateur

Nate is a great fighter, he is always ready to die inside the ring. I really respect him.