UFC 271 - ISRAEL ADESANYA vs. ROBERT WHITTAKER 2

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by REEDsART, Feb 13, 2022.

1. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

2. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Will Be Doing a Fightbeat Livestream Sometime After the PPV Portion of the Card Starts...

REED:Dan1:

3. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Izzy would khtfko Bobby again

4. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

5. Dog Jones

Lewis is a takedown master

6. Dog Jones

Lewis is shot

7. Dog Jones

Izzy point fighted his way to the decision

8. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

MEH Performance by Adesanya Last Night...

As Great as His Striking Is, He's Most Deadly as a COUNTER Striker...When Guys LEAD or TRADE w/Adesanya, He's LETHAL (Whittaker I, Costa)...But When Guys Play it SAFE and Look for Takedown Opportunities, We Get What we Saw Last Night...

Speaking of Which, Adesanya's Ground Game is SHIT...

His Only Objective Is to GET UP By Any Means Necessary...There was Maybe 20 Seconds of "Ground Fighting" in the RE w/Vettori, But REED's Literally Never Seen it in Any Other Bout...Izzy Gets Taken Down and He Squirms and Scrambles to Get Back to His Feet - That's His "Ground Game"...

He'll For Sure Need to Make MAJOR Improvements in This Area Before Campaigning @ 205 Full Time...Those Guys Will ALL Have a Decided STRENGTH Advantage and Will Simply Employ the Strategy Blachowicz Did...

9. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Another Thing,

Adesanya's FORTUNATE a Fight w/Jon Jones Never Materialized...Adesanya Has Better HAND Strikes, But They're Virtually Equal Strikers Aside from That...Jones is BIGGER, STRONGER, Looooooooonger and Would've Fucked Adesanya Up 1nce He Got Him on the Ground, Which He Inevitably Would've...

If Robert Whittaker Can Take You Down, Bones Jones Obviously Can...

10. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

When has he not had a meh performance? Probably the first Whitaker fight and that’s about it. Dude will never be a super duper star like McGregor was, he’s too ineffective and too boring. Meanwhile you got the commentators trying to hype up the Izzy train blowing smoke up our ass that he’s the greatest striker in the UFC.

The good news is we probably won’t have to see Izzy again until close to 2023.

11. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Kelvin Gastellum? Paolo Costa?:Dont:

Cannonier Will Likely Be the Next Fight, Which Should Be Entertaining, On Paper…

12. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

The Last Stylebender got fkd up tonight..as soon as he was hurt he should've drop flat on his back into guard...and waited it out..

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  13. Dog Jones

His career is in TATTERS

14. lb 4 lb

I’m no Izzy fan but I’m not going to be too hard on him for losing to a guy that is basically a weight cheat. Periera should be competing at light heavy and the announcers even said he weighed 220 during the Strickland fight and that his coaches said he would be about 210-215 tonight. Izzy also would have likely had Periera out in the first round if he hadn’t literally gotten saved by the bell. I think pound for pound Periera is the better fighter but in a fair, actual balanced-weight fight without rehydration, Izzy beats him because he’d be too drained to last. I thought we had weight classes for a reason.

At any rate, I can’t say I’m sorry to see Izzy lose. Hopefully now we won’t have this bullshit narrative of him being some all time great, cock-fed down our throats.

Reverse-kudos to the translator they had in there with the overweight tongue. I could have really used a translator for the translator. Did I hear him translate Periera apologizing for trash talking on social media and saying that Izzy forced his hand? Was Izzy talking ish to Periera online?

15. lb 4 lb

I don’t know about that. UFC guys can keep a strong fan base regardless of losing fights. Look at McGregor, Cerone and the Diaz brothers for example. No disrespect to boxing but in UFC guys don’t seem to have to panic if they lose a fight.

In all honesty I was pretty shocked how much Adesanya packed the house and how much the fans seemed to cheer and think so highly of him. Must have been full of casuals who bought the “Izzy is great” hype.

I think Izzy is an average striker with a limited repertoire of punches and kicks. He has no ground game and doesn’t do one single thing remarkably well, except maybe dance. His wins list is a resume of pretty good fighters mostly beaten by stinky decision wins. This guy couldn’t hold John Jones coke straw and these announcers couldn’t wait for him to beat Jones’ record so they could start saying Izzy was better. So I give a big thank you to Periera for maybe sparring us that, even if he is a weight cheat.

Joe King likes this.