UFC 70 Payout

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by Hanzy, Apr 29, 2007.

1. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

It's possible, but what are their alternatives?

There are other groups that apparently pay more such as Bodog, but they most likely won't be in business that much longer.

I think the salaries will continue to rise as UFC continues to be succesful, but I don't ever see them getting as big as boxing salaries, for the top guys anyway. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

TFK

2. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

I'm not saying it's good or bad... I just don't see how long it can last. Eventually the top guys in the UFC are going to start holding out for bigger dollars.

3. His_Royness

His_Royness "Twinkle Toes" McJack

it's not as bad as Dana White earning 25 Million a month by sitting on a couch... :nono:

4. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

:popcorn: ufc give fans a good deal but it won't last......

5. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

But at the same time, if not for him, the UFC would not even exist. He put all his money into a dead product many years back and is finally reaping the rewards. He's pretty much the sole reason the UFC even exists today. He's made some very smart decisions and the UFC has grown exponentially over the past 2 years. He's also really gone out of his way to make his product grow, talent-wise. He's attempted to sign the best fighters in the world and tried to present the best possible match-ups. I can't really discredit the man any longer. He's even trying everything possible to bring in Fedor Emelianenko. I can't complain, all the top fighters under 1 roof. It works for me, as a fan. The fighters are getting better pay than just a year ago too. The bonus pay is getting bigger also.
    You know, Dana White was actually planning on becoming a boxing promoter before he bought the UFC alongside the Fertittas.:lol:

6. Hanzy

They're giving a very good product thus far. I mean, there are upsets galore. All the guys who have been hyped to the moon are being torn down left, right, and center. It's bad for business from Dana's perspective but it's great for the fans.:clap:
    Who really needs to see Wlad/Austin or Calzaghe/Manfredo? Seriously, those are world title fights being presented to the fans? Come on. There are flaws in our sport and we deserve alot better.
    You can't really discredit the UFC and at the same time, turn a blind eye to the sport of boxing.:dunno:

7. Hanzy

Yeah, with more talent being signed, there will be more egos, and there will be eruptions on the negotiation tables.

8. Tam Tam

Tam Tam "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    MMA fighters, (like any professional athletes) want to be paid a certain proportion of whats being made BY their performances. Its no incredibly complex theory. Its about getting what you believe you're owed. Not worth; owed.

Pandy is 100% right and the days of management bleeding fighters dry will end, either in a strike or a rival organisation, with HUUGE financial backing, coming onto the scene and promising better pay.

It'll happen. It goes on this way in every professional sport. MMA will be no different.

9. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

The last 10-15 UFC have been mainly shit, I don't get it why people are praising it so much.

10. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Well they show a bunch of fights in a PPV...and sometimes we get lucky and they END quickly by KO..those are teh best ones, most though go on and on..with hugging and humping..

7-8 fight might get lucky and see a good one....better chances than just having 3 fights...and 2 being mismatch..and the main event sucking balls...

UFC fans are a bunch of idiots...1 million paid to watch Liddell vs. Tito 2..like the first time around wasn't mismatch enough for them..those are teeny boppers.

11. Rubio MHS

Rubio MHS Undisputed Champion

Yeah, but how many idiots are going to pay to watch Mayweather-De la Hoya, which is an even bigger mismatch?

12. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

You got it. It's simply the nature of pro sports.

13. TFK

That's a bunch of crap. That's just hating on the UFC for the sake of hating on the UFC.

TFK

14. TFK

An idiot is someone who can't comprehend UFC is more then 'hugging and humping'.

And Liddell\Ortiz 2 was much more then just one fight. It was a solid card with 5 matchups featuring a lot well known fighters. You can debate the talent of Griffin, Arlovski, Jardine, Leben, Bisping, MacDonald, etc, all you want, but you can't doubt the familiarity of them to the UFC fans.

That's one of the things seperating the UFC from boxing these days. UFC fans actually care about the undercard, and the undercard fights help sell PPV's. Boxing is a crap shoot main event, and a few fights on the undercard with a couple of 120 lb featherfisted Mexicans that nobody has even heard of, much less could care about.

Also, I'm still waiting to hear how much the undercard fighters are being paid this weekend. I'm sure some of the 'insiders' here can easily find out that information.

TFK

15. Hanzy

One other thing to note is that a guy like f*cking Julio Cesar Chavez Jr can sit around padding his crappy pro record for 30-40 fights fighting worthless deadbeats and losers and getting paid. Not quite as easy in MMA. In boxing you can become a millionaire without having fought anybody with a pulse. You normally only get such notoriety in MMA once you've fought and beaten top fighters. Gonzaga was only 7-1 before he beat one of the best mma fighters in the world in CroCop. That would be like putting JCC Jr in the ring with Antonio Margarito in just his 9th pro fight.:lol:

16. Hanzy

Come on Azazel, are you saying World Title fights like Wlad/Austin and Calzaghe/Manfredo are any better in quality? Or worse yet, the Floyd/Baldomor entire PPV. That was really really awful. Or other junk like Barrera/Fana and all the material that belongs on free television.

17. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Randy Couture is like 15-8. :lol:

18. Hanzy

True and that's the kind of record which alot of top class boxers would have if they got off their asses and fought the best rather than just padding their crappy records. Couture lost to the likes of Liddell, Barnett, Rodriguez, etc. Also take note Couture began his mma career at age 35.

19. Rubio MHS

Rubio MHS Undisputed Champion

Yes, but there are a number of viable alternatives to pay-per-view boxing. The MMA you see on free cable - aside from Gonzaga-CroCop - is mostly re-runs, tape-delays and crappy reality shows.

20. ArturoGatti

ArturoGatti WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    :shit:

what about the live UFN shows?

21. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

Well we don't know if it's a mismatch yet....sure DLH has shitty stamina, is older and alot slower than Mayweather...but so was Castillo and he made a fight out of it....

People would be idiots if they pay to watch a rematch of DLH vs. Mayweather ....if Mayweather had already dominated the first time around....

22. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

I agree most boxing undercard suck, they should show alot 3-4 undercards before the main event...but that still doesn't change the fact that UFC is nothing but grown man dry humping each other...and the ref allowing them to do it for 5 freaking minutes...at least in pride the would break 'em up and stand them back up if they dry humped for a minute or so...

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  23. Azazel

Nah, I hate on both boxing and the UFC right now cause they rip us off by putting mainly shit cards on PPV, who cares ( beside the Fertitas and White ) if the UFC ( and boxing too btw) does great numbers, WWF used to pull huge numbers and it was crap too. Go take a look at the post 10-20 UFC, and they were all basically average at the very best, nothing close to the PRIDE tournament.

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  24. Azazel

They're awfull, but at least they're free. And I don't disagree that boxing is pretty much in the shitter right now, I just don't use double standard like some do.

25. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

Damn, it's all happening so fast. :clap:

26. jarhead

jarhead Undisputed Champion

Operations Manager
    Steve-Dave is right. How long before the "stars" of UFC look at Miguel Cotto's payday or Kelly Pavlik's payday being in the millions and say, "What the Fuck?". The writing is on the wall and Dana White and the Zuffa's are going to have to put out or lose fighters.:nono: