UFC 75 SPOILER THREAD - Discuss results in here and ONLY in here.

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by TFK, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    yes I can't imagine jackson or any of the bigger names will want to fuck with that steroid baby alexander.

2. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    Sure they will. Nobody will want to stand with him but something tells me he is not good on the ground.

3. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    They need to put the crack down,there's no way Hendo won more than two rds:nono:

4. MassaCure

MassaCure Undisputed Champion

alexander should have landed the chuck fight

5. MassaCure

ITSSSSSSSSSSS TIMEEEEE

6. valdosta

Home Page:
    Well, IMO he didn't. However he clearly won round 1. Rounds 2 and 5 could have gone either way. I think giving Jackson 4 rounds is giving him every benefit.

7. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    They aint sticking there "Golden Boy" in there with him,are you crazy :lol:

8. MassaCure

not true

9. MassaCure

exactly. they cant hide him forever:lol:

10. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    Who cares,Jackson won either way you slice it aaaaand I won a sig bet with Hanzy and 50 bucks at work.My streak continues:crafty:

11. MassaCure

12. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

I'm no expert but I had it 3-2 Jackson with Henderson winning 1 and 5.

13. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Let's not pretend Henderson-Jackson was a awesome fight, it was average at best, maybe interestint, but far from a good fight. Personnaly, I thought Rampage won a close one but I wouldn't argue wiht a close Henderson win. He won the 1st and 2nd round clearly ( ok, 2nd round was close), 5 th one arguably. Overall, it was surprinsingly a pretty boring card, what happend to Crocop, he was lethargic in there, vs a guy a Larry Holmes lefover humiliated.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  14. Jake

Jake WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    I admit, Rampage-Henderson didn't have me on the edge of my seat, but no doubt it was a close, tightly contested fight. It wasn't Hopkins/Wright-type boring or anything, but it's also not the type of fight to bring new fans to the sport. At least IMO, anyway. I don't mind fights where a lot of time is spent on the ground - so long as they're fighting.

There were too many rounds I thought where they spent far too much time on the ground with nothing happening (other than waiting to see how the other would free himself). It made the fight more intriguing than entertaining to me, but certainly not boring (Floyd-DLH) or ugly to watch (Hopkins-Wright).

What I did like, though, is that immediately after the card, Spike next aired a Wrestling card. For those who STILL make the comparison between MMA and wrestling, watching the two back to back makes you appreciate the former that much more.

15. Bob N. Weave

Bob N. Weave WBC Champion

I definately think that the fight between the Irish dude and the British dude was the best on the whole card. That fight rocked.

16. Trplsec

Trplsec Sleeps in a Cage

Entertaining card without a doubt. It pissed me off that Hamill got robbed. Houston Alexander impressed again.

Personally I would love to see Alexander-Rampage. I think Jackson knocks him out quick. Trading wild exchanges with Jackson isn't a good strategy for most including Alexander.

I also could care less about seeing the frightened Mirko again.

17. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Pride ring is easier to fight in because it's smaller and you have a better scope on distance and space whereas in the cage, it's so big with more room to move and backpeddle, etc.
    It's funny though because CroCop just bought a UFC cage for his basement and hired Lister, Bojansky and Yvel for his training and yet he still came out looking like he didn't want to be there.
    I don't know what his future is now. But he's a big disappointment. He was hyped to destroy everybody and take the crown. Just looks like he's scarred from the Gonzaga loss. No fire or passion left.
    Kongo is also crap and would be obliterated by Couture quickly.

18. Bob N. Weave

Bob N. Weave WBC Champion

Yeah. Crocop is definately getting up there in age. I think hes had enough.

19. Breeze

Breeze WBC Champion

Yes, that's pretty much how it works. In MMA if they are on the ground the guy on top gets the benefit of the scoring because its looked at as having the dominant position. In submission grappling tournaments that's how its scored. The guy on the bottom has to do something really special to win the round either by pulling off a submission, or landing a lot of punches from the bottom which is pretty difficult to do.

The downside is that's why a guy can just lay on top for a round and win a tactic called "lay and pray". where the guy is inactive, or not working to get better position but he's still has dominant position. A good referee will notice this and stand the fighters up so the action can continue. If the ref does nothing its highly likely the guy will win the round.

20. valdosta

Home Page:
    The problem with scoring is it's highly subjective. If 1 guy lays on the other for 4 minutes but the other guy did more damage for the other minute standing, who won the round? If that's jake's question it's a hard question to answer, it's very subjective.

21. Jake

Jake WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Cool, thank you both for your input on that.

One thing I do remember Shaw saying when he was starting Elite XC, was that the officials were actually instructed to prevent extended periods of lay and pray (as Breeze called he tactic; wasn't Shaw's actual words). In theory, it sounds good, but does any promoter have the authority do make that rule in a sanctioned MMA fight? It's not like clinching, which is technically illegal in boxing (though only enforced as a foul in extreme circumstances). If it's a legal tactic, then who the hell is a promoter to tell the commission to rewrite their bible for a specific card?

22. Explosivo

Explosivo Undisputed Champion

Cro Cop's most impressive performance was his title shot loss to Fedor.

other than that, his most impressive was his rematch win against Randleman where he sank in a choke.

His wins over Barnett to me aren't impressive simply because Barnett doesn't impress me.

His wins over Silva are against a guy who is too small for him.

He lost to Mark Hunt. So who else has Cro Cop beaten, to validate him being so highly regarded?

it was the fact that he could render a man unconscious with his fist/foot that made him the name he was/is.

23. jarhead

jarhead Undisputed Champion

Operations Manager
    Dana White should be issueing out apologies for the split decision that Bisping won. Bisping also showed he has no class after the fight talking shit about Hamil. Joe Rogan is a fuckin moron as well. It was a great card, but this really left a sour taste in my mouth. It makes me think Dana White and the UFC had much to do with the decision since Bisping is their marketable fighter in England.

Dan Henderson is a fuckin beast. He will have the crown at MW, no doubt.

I don't see anyone beating Rampage at 205. For sometime anyway. He is extremely focused and just a fuckin badass.

24. Hanzy

Shogun vs Jackson is a 50/50 for either man. I really hope Shogun impresses against Griffin in his UFC debut in 2 weeks. Shogun/Jackson II will be huge on ppv.

25. Hanzy

He fought a lot of cans and little jap guys. But even then so, he should be beating the likes of Kongo IMO. His skill level far exceeds Kongo's.

26. MassaCure

i think i read on sherdog, cro cop got his rib broke in round one, thats why he faught that way

27. jarhead

jarhead Undisputed Champion

Operations Manager
    good call, I give the edge to Jackson but Shogun can win that fight no doubt.

28. Baron

Baron "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Based on what, their first fight?

29. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Exactly, it's obvious most haven't seen the first fight. Or else we wouldn't hear think like " I think Shogun could win ". Of course he can win, he fucking destroyed him, and really easilly, when they fought. He should be a strong favorite in the rematch

30. valdosta

Home Page:
    Yep, he kneed the fuck out of Jackson and made him his bitch.