UFC 76 Results

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by TFK, Sep 23, 2007.

1. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Being Honest, it Seems that U're Optimistic Almost to a FAULT when it Comes to MMA, yet U COULDN'T B More NEGATIVE when it Comes to Boxing (when U Post on the General Forum)...

2 Each his Own, just DON'T Get Sooooooooo DEFENSIVE when Someone Reciprocates the SAME Treatment YOU Dish Out on the General Forum...

Personally, REED Looooooooooves Boxing & Likes the Little Bit of MMA he's Seen ALOT...REED will NEVER Stop Watching Boxing AND REED'll Continue to Work MMA into his Fight watching Diet...

REED:cool:

2. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

And how so ? Kharitatov stand up is pretty much traditionnal boxing and it has done very well for him. Belfort too to a lesser degree

3. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    Rampage started out in MMA as a wrestler and learned his standup game as he went along so taking Jackson down wouldn't be as easy as say taking Roy Jones down to the ground......A Boxer couldn't survive in a mma fight and a mma fighter can't survive in a boxing match and that's that.

4. valdosta

valdosta Undisputed Champion

Home Page:
    What? They blocked with there faces. :lol:

5. royyjonesjrp4pno1

royyjonesjrp4pno1 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Wah wah wah.

Neither guy tried taking the other down tonight. What part of that don't you understand. They didn't have to worry about takedowns. There skill standing up blows. I expect more from a so called world class striker.

6. Drewlius

Drewlius Scrub

You obviously don't understand MMA. Maybe their Boxing skills aren't as good as Professional Boxers, but they have the skills to do it all. So whether or not these two guys decided to take the fight to the ground, if it went there, they would know what to do. That's the point, whether they have great Boxing Skills or not, they have the other tools needed to survive in MMA. Whereas, if some Boxing "stud" decided to come into MMA they wouldn't stand & strike with them, they'd simply take him down & submit him or ground & pound him within seconds/minutes.

Who cares if the Boxing isn't that great, two guys with little Boxing skills may want to stand & strike with each other, because they know that neither one is that much better on the ground. A Pro Boxer in MMA will simply stand with someone. They also won't be able to Box as well as you see them Boxing in a ring, probably because they would be worried about getting tied up & clinched, taken to the ground, & submitted.

7. royyjonesjrp4pno1

Both these guys are considered strikers. If Lidell gets taken down he tries to get up right away.

They train in boxing and kick boxing. So they should have technique, balance and defence. What the hell do you think there boxing coaches tell them to do.

8. Azazel

That part, I agree 100 %

9. Drewlius

Drewlius Scrub

Your possibly the most ignorant Boxing enthusiast I've ever seen. Just because they didn't take each other down doesn't mean they aren't worrying about takedowns. You understand the game of MMA very minutely, it's actually rather sad reading your posts. What don't YOU understand about the fact that these guys are not only being kicked numerous times but protecting themselves from takedowns. Almost everything they do from their stance to how they come in with a punch or kick is based around protecting from giving up a spot for someone to shoot in on you. I'd love to see how great of a boxing performance your beloved Roy Jones would give while being kicked, clinched, & trying to stop takedowns.

10. royyjonesjrp4pno1

BTW the card was Called Knockout and not one guy got KTFO.

Also Zuffa must be pissed at Lidell. They give him a bum coming off a KO and he gets schooled and ruins a fight with Silva. A fight they have tried to put together for years.

11. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Lidell was completely useless tonight. Jardine was predictable with his kick/left hook shot. Over and over again same combo. Still Chuck couldn't do shit about it.

There were a lot of upsets tonight but this was the only one that surprised me. Jardine was basically made to order for Lidell but he still couldn't take him out.

12. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    I disagree.Jardine's not a good MMA striker but he is a competent one and thats all you need too be(and a chin) to beat Chuck Liddell

13. valdosta

Home Page:
    Lidell is old and looked it tonight. Jardine you could argue as a very good MMA striker because of his kicks, not so much his hands (although he bashed Griffen). Jardine's kicks pretty much bother everyone except Alexander because that fight ended to quick.

14. Azazel

jardines not a bad striker but hes very hittable and not specially powerfull. While I rated Shogun higher than Chuck ( and Jardine higher than Griffin ) Im more surprise about this upset due to the reasons whiskey wrote.

15. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

I never said he was great striker but he's a guy that likes to keep it standing. Even though he has an awkward style, he's hittable.

Liddell was/is one of the biggest names for UFC. That's why this matchup was made. This fight was meant to make a highlight reel KO for Chuck and put him back on top.

Jardine didn't read the script.

16. Beyond the Grave

steel maker
    Home Page:
    It wouldn't of mattered,the result would of been the same.Jardine's standup is better than Chucks

17. Matchup_Analyzer

Matchup_Analyzer Keyboard Warrior

LOL

Everyone at the homies pad were all in bad spirits after this card, all the favs lost, and all the underdogs won

18. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Early in the Jardine-Alexander Fight, Jardine Knocked Alexander to the Ground w/a PUNCH...

Alexander just Got Up BEFORE Jardine could Capitalize...

REED:cool:

19. valdosta

Home Page:
    I didn't think he was hurt. It seemed more like balance or a slip to me.

20. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Reed. I don't mind criticism of MMA when it's deserved, I just get annoyed by people who bash the sport but have no idea what they're talking about, or bash it just to bash it.

When people complain about 'boxing skills' of an MMA fighter, it proves they know nothing about the sport, since boxing and striking are two different things.

When people come in and say Liddell's boxing skills were terrible in a fight, that would be like me going into the boxing area after the Floyd\Oscar fight and bitching about how Floyd was doing a lousy job in defending the takedown or blocking kicks.

TFK

21. royyjonesjrp4pno1

Wow. Lidells boxing skills were terrible. These guys train in boxing, especially Lidell thats suppose to be his strength. He had terrible punching technique, balance co-ordination and defence. Boxing is a Martial Art and one of the Martial Arts used in the sport MMA.

That is a terrible comeback saying Floyd did a terrible job defending the takedown :rolleyes: Please comeback with something better then that UFC fanboy.

22. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I didn't expect you to understand.

TFK

23. royyjonesjrp4pno1

MMA=Mixed Martial Arts
    Boxing=A Martial Art
    :kick:

24. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

So i guess the UFC would have to HYPE someone else to be their savior..Liddel is done......

25. Drewlius

Drewlius Scrub

Who said the UFC needs a savior?

26. ILLUMINATI

ILLUMINATI Roberto Duran

well not a savior....wrong choose of word......a poster boy....for a while Liddell was that boy....

27. Drewlius

Drewlius Scrub

I hear ya' bro. :cool:

28. Haymaker

Haymaker WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Lidell doesn't train to box your ears off, he trains to knock you out. Or did you people really expected him to give us a virtuoso display of boxing?? :dunno: Well I didn't. Also, it seems that some Pride fighters are coming in to the UFC too confident. NO WAY Griffin is on the level of Shogun. No way Gonzaga was on the level of Cro Cop. Seems that Rampage and Silva took it seriously. Lets hope for Henderson and Wanderlei to make some noise and KEEP the level of their games up to par in the UFC.

29. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

The last time Wanderlei was in the UFC, he didn't do sh*t, losing to both Belfort and Ortiz. He'll probably be a bust like most of the other Pride guys coming in. Pride threw him plenty of japanese tomato cans. Can't get away with that in the UFC where even a tune up is a dangerous opponent who can knock you out with 1 shot.