What type of fights do you rewatch the most?

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Ugotabe Kidding, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

I don't think that had anything to do with it. Interesting theory though. I think that if there was anything outside of Barrera's brilliance that contributed to Naz's defeat, it was when some Mexican looking fan soaked him with beer on his way into the ring. That threw him off his game and the moisture on his hands prevented him from even doing his signature flip over the top rope.

Even then, I think the impact was minimal and it was just a matter of Barrera being the best guy he had fought up to that point and Barrera just being better.

Best dialogue of the commentary that night and perhaps any night:

"And Barrera seems bigger at this weight"

"Absolutely, bigger and better. Naz told anyone that would listen, that if he loses tonight it's because it was written by Allah. Well the twelve rounds you seen tonight suggests that Allah knows how to spell Barrera: B-A-R-R-E-R-A"

Now Muslims and social justice warriors got their panties in a twist over that comment but it was Naz that first thrust Allah and Islam into the fight and not Lampley. I thought it was a clever comment and rather appropriate considering that big eared fool used the fight as a stage for Islam evangelism.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  2. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    That is a great line, but Lampley spelling Barrera still makes no sense.

3. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Could be.

But I think Hamed had lost the fire and will he had after the split with Ingle. I remember reading that Hamed was hardly training for his fights and was more focused on basking in his celebrity status.

Losing to Barrera was all the excuse he needed to be convinced to step out for good.

4. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Hamed never faced anyone as good as Barrera before. And it showed.

5. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

9/11 was a Few Months AFTER the Barrera Fight, Bruh...Same Year Though...

REED's Saying Barrera DIDN'T "Break" Hamed, as Most Prince Haters WANT to Believe, REED's Saying the Backlash Against Arabs, Post-9/11, Made it IMPOSSIBLE for Hamed to Continue to Be Marketed to American Audiences Again...

The Lampley-Allah Comments were SHAMEFUL...Rest Assured Lampley Would NEVER "Go There" w/the God of HIS Choice and YOU Would LOATHE Lamps to this Day, Had he "Went There" w/the God YOU Worship...

Evander Holyfield Inserted God Into the Mix @ EVERY Turn....In the Immediate Aftermath of the 1st Tyson Fight, Holy was Repeatedly Asked What he Did STRATEGICALLY to Pull the Upset Win...And Holyfield Repeatedly Said he was "Led by the Holy Spirit"...

Prior to his 1st Fight w/Lennox Lewis, Holyfield INSISTED "The Lord told Me I was Gonna Knock Lennox Lewis Out in the 3rd Round"...Funny How Lamps (Or Whoever was Commentating) DIDN'T Throw it in Holyfield's Face Afterwards...

Being a BELIEVER in a Higher Power Himself, REED has No Qualms w/Fighters Wearing their Beliefs on their Sleeve...They're Human Beings @ the End of the Day, NOT Just Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots Devoid of Thoughts, Cares or Feelings...

What REED Doesn't Like is When Motherfuckers Pick and Choose When to Bitch about Religion and Boxing...It's Either ALL Good or NONE of it's Good...

And Again, Lamps Should Be ASHAMED of Himself for Shitting on Hamed and Muslims in Such a Way...

REED:cool:

Ugotabe Kidding and puerto rock like this.
  6. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

He didn't. But I don't believe Hamed had been at his best for a while prior to that fight. Physically, he had lost a step. Still had that power, but wasn't as quick handed anymore, reflexes had slowed, and the athleticism began to disappear.

Whereas Barrera on the other hand, began to refocus on boxing and not taking unnecessary risks the way he did in that first fight with Morales, plus the fights with Junior Jones and Kennedy McKinney. Make no mistake, Marco was a different and perhaps BETTER fighter by the time he had fought Hamed vs his early brawl happy years.

7. Destruction and Mayhem

Lamps would have been justified if he threw that stuff back in Holyfield's face after the first Lennox fight. At the time I thought it was disgraceful for Evander to suggest that God was going to help him beat up Lennox Lewis for money.

As for Hamed, he deserved every fucking thing Lampley said regarding Islam. Who the fuck told that big eared freak that he should grab the mic and start preaching Islamic verses? Get the fuck outta here with that shit. I applaud Lampley for going there and motherfuck George Foreman for reprimanding him. Hamed is the one who brought religion into this not Lampley. Hamed acted as though his victory was assured by Allah and that this fight was for all Muslims and all that shit. Trying to evangelize people before trying to knock out a guy. I'm so glad Barrera beat dat ass something fierce!!

8. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

disagREED Completely, Bruh...

Prince was the A-Side of the Affair, He was Even a Co-Promoter of that Fight, if REED's Not Mistaken...

Again, Prince Wore his Religion on his Sleeves..."Insha Allah","I Only Fear GOD", etc., were CONSTANT Mantras of His...

Sure, Having the Ring Announcer Present the Mic for a Pre-Fight Muslim Message was DIFFERENT, but REED Doesn't Understand the Contempt it Generated NOR the Ridicule Lamps Heaped Upon It...

The People that Took Offense are the Problem, NOT the Guy Who Openly Spoke of His Muslim Faith from Day 1...

Fans w/Your Line of Thinking Probably Bitched the 1st Time a Fighter Got on his Knees and Prayed in a Corner or Made the Cross Symbol on their Chest Before a Round...

And Fans w/Your Line of Thinking Definitely PMS'ed When Ali Turned and Prayed w/his Palms Upward TO ALLAH, Before the Opening Bell...

9. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

That was fucking brutal to watch. It's one thing to give praise or mention to whatever you believed helped you win but then at least answer the interviewer's damn questions. I would rather deal with Jehova's witnesses in my living room early in the morning with a terrible hangover then listen to Evander's shit.

Ugotabe Kidding and cdogg187 like this.
  10. Destruction and Mayhem

Nah bra,

He deserved both contempt and ridicule for that manoeuvre. He's not some imam in a mosque, he's a prize fighter. The squared circle before a fight is not the arena for religious evangelism. And if a man has the temerity to attempt to push his religion onto others before he takes part in a pugilistic contest then he must be man enough to take the backlash. He exposed Islam to ridicule by all the talk and then losing.

A guy praying before and after a fight is a COMPLETELY different thing to making a pronouncement that Muhammad is Allah's final messenger. I have no problem with people praying or wearing their religion on their trunks...but preaching is a different matter bra!!

11. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    The Allah comment was definitely in bad taste just as it would've been if the subject had been Jesus ... no need for that

12. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Prince was a Prizefighter of Strong, Passionate Muslim Faith, Which he OPENLY Shared w/the Boxing Masses from Day 1...It was As MUCH a Part of Him as the Leopard Trunks, Flip Over the Rope and Punching Power...

Prince Wasn't Trying to "Push" Anything on Anybody, He was Taking the Time to PRAISE HIS GOD, Period...Hell, of the Assembled Masses, Only the Arab Fans (& MAYBE 1-2 % of the Non-Arab Fans) UNDERSTOOD What the Fuck was Being Said During that Moment...

Bottom Line, Anti-Arab Motherfuckers Disliked Prince's Actions in the SAME VEIN Ol' White Farts, Trump and Rednecks Dislike the NFL Anthem Protests...COULDN'T Care Less about WHY it's Happening, they Just Want that Dot Head or them Damn Ape Looking Nig'ras to STOP Doing It...

13. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Right?!...

You'd Expect Billy Bob, Billy Ray or Trump to Go There, but JIMfuckingLAMPLEY???...During a LIVE Boxing Telecast???...

Leave that Shit to the Drunk Racists in Attendance and/or Watching from their Couches...

14. Destruction and Mayhem

Only Arab fans understood? Michael Buffer had been predirected to give the English interpretation after the fact! Motherfucker was preaching!!! Leave the preaching for the mosque, the ring is for fighting.

When I'm about to watch a fight I don't wanna hear no fucking preaching!!

That big eared Arabic wannabe superstar evangelist preachy motherfucker!!!

15. Destruction and Mayhem

nah...Naz brought the religion into this like it was some holy war or something. Well that Roman Catholic Latino motherfucker didn't invoke Mary in that ring that night....and yet still beat the Arab with his superior skills. Poetic justice. God ain't helping anyone in that squared circle, ya dig?

16. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED "Must've Forgot" about the Buffer Translation...

Regardless, Do You REALLY Think Hamed was Trying to CONVERT Anyone that Night, Because That's the Goal of a PREACHER...

No, He was SHARING His Beliefs w/the Assembled Masses, ALL Of Whom were There to See HIM...Whether they Wanted Him to WIN or LOSE, EVERY Ass in Those Seats was There to SEE Hamed, Period...

The Sentence of Yours that REED Highlighted is Almost VERBATIM What White Motherfuckers are Saying about the NFL Protests...Sad to See You're Aligned that Way, Bruh...Can't Say it's a Surprise Though, Given Your Thoughts on Gays...

Agree to DISagree, and Keep it Moving...

17. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Correction, Barrera Didn't SPEAK his Religion that Night...But REED's Pretty Certain he Wore his Rosary Beads/Necklace, as he Usually Did...

Instead of Treating it ALL as "Religion", Which it IS, You're Picking and Choosing WHAT to Bitch About...Just Like Motherfuckers are Doing Today, about American's Constitutional RIGHT to Peacefully Protest...

18. Destruction and Mayhem

NFL protests are very different my friend. Very different

19. Destruction and Mayhem

REED this thread....I have no problem with religion on trunks or a guy thanking God before or after the fight. Naz went a step further and said in Arabic ( for the English translation to follow), "I serve notice that there is only one God, Allah, and Muhammad is his final messenger". If that isn't preaching, I don't know what is bra

20. Destruction and Mayhem

As for gays...They are no to be likened to race or religion but to incest or BDSM or swingers something of that nature. They are not representative of a race or creed or culture...which is a macrocosm of a family...they are a group with unusual urges

21. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

You SAY That, Yet the "Offended" Parties Seem to Be the SAME Type of People...Imagine That???...

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  22. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Again, That's Him PRAISING HIS GOD, Not an Attempt @ Converting Anyone...

You Being BOTHERED By That is an INTERNAL Issue...

23. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Only TRUE "Problem" REED Has w/Gays is Their Ability to CONCEAL The Very Thing That CLASSIFIES Them a "MINORITY"....

Beyond That, There's a CLEAR "Cultural" Aspect to Gays...That's Been the Case Since Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Before You and REED were Around...

You DISLIKE Prince Naseem Hamed and Gays and CANNOT Be Considered an "Objective" Source on Either Subject...

24. Destruction and Mayhem

If I'm about to engage in a boxing match in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia or any other Muslim country and I grab the mic before the fight and say " for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever should believe in him...." that wouldn't be considered as preaching to the audience? Come on bra, be reasonable.

Regardless of all that anyway it's because the guy is a Muslim that the PC crowd are defending what he did. If a Christian guy said the above quote before a fight in vegas people would say it was unnecessary much like people criticized Holyfield for his post Tyson fight interview

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  25. Double L

Double L Book Reader

So if not for 911, hamed would have fought again?

26. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Exactly. The funniest part, as you said, is that pretty much nobody had any clues what was said in these arabic chants, yet it was enough to cause a commotion
    To be honest, Hamed never said that God would help him. Just said that whether he wns or lose, it was god will

27. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Lol, rewatching it. Have to agree with Sly. The chants were ok, but his speech in arabic and translated bu Buffer deserved scorn and ridicule

28. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Dude, seriously?

29. Double L

Double L Book Reader

REED suggested 911 derailed Hamed's career. Just want verification.

30. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

REED did no such thing.

Ugotabe Kidding and cdogg187 like this.