What weakness in fighters irritates you the most?

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Destruction and Mayhem, May 11, 2017.

1. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

The Purrity fight and the AJ fight are the only two fights Wlad showed heart. In between, it was only disgusting cowardice (the first Brewster fight being the pinnacle)

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  2. Jesus of montreal

Imbecility coupled with childish forum aggresivness (to compensate the fact that he's a pushover in real life). Yeah, he fits the bill

3. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    "Childish Forum Aggressiveness"..............Doc Montreal has spoken.

4. Jesus of montreal

I was talking about the similarities between jeffy and loaded, not you and jeffy. you've been rather pleasant and insightful poster lately. Except when it comes to the 2 objects of your obsession

5. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Like I said, I found Wlad useful. I was always a bigger Vitali fan.

6. D MAN

D MAN "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    I really enjoy combination punching.. not just banging out dumb shots repeatedly but putting together crisp and well planned/placed shots that have power behind then. Guys like Marquez, Barrera, Judah, Jones, even Canelo.

I cant stand fighters that are the opposite and are weak in combination punching. One shot at a time like Wlad or guys that just throw out turds all night long, high volume but no actual creativity.

7. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:

What did you think of Vitali and his weird combos...........

8. Jeffy

Jeffy Undisputed Champion

Do you always hurl insults at posters just because they call you out on your absurd posts? Sounds like an insecurity problem to me.

9. D MAN

D MAN "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Not really a fan because they were pretty awkward. He gets creativity points though and is light years more watchable than his brother.

10. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Not necessarily a weakness but something that irks me tremendously is herky-jerky awkward fighters à la Bute and Vitaly Klitschko. I usually root for them to land on their ass

11. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

Ties in with what Ugo said but fighters who have a tendency to give rounds away really fuck me off. It's why I've always hated Abraham and Broner and why DeGale has started to piss me off too in recent fights.

12. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    Featherfisted fighters

Guys who can't fight on the inside so they hold incessantly

Fighters who throw lousy combos that are without thought and purpose. Often just arm flurries.

Fighters who don't let their hands go because they are too concerned about the incoming, or are quick to go into a defensive shell when they take leather. Then they last the distance because they go into a defensive shell and people act like their chins are so much better than the fighters who get stopped because they are willing to take that risk of getting stopped because they aren't content to last the distance and lose a UD.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  13. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    His technique is just ugly as shit. He is one of those fighters that made some exciting fights, but generally isn't good for replay value because he's so ugly to watch. Sort of the anti-Mayweather where I wouldn't find him winning a fight 10-2 exciting when it was live, but I could watch it again to see Floyd's masterful skills.

My co-worker is a casual fan and even he said to me after watching one Khan fight "he looks sloppy, not fluid and acts like he doesn't know what he is doing in there".

It kind of annoyed me how people would act like he was some highly-skilled boxer because he had hand speed and yet could barely throw a right hand without practically falling onto his opponent. HBO trying to push him as some future star was cringeworthy, especially during the Maidana and Peterson fights.