When is GGG gonna fight someone decent??

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Explosivo, Oct 18, 2014.

1. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Who should he fight?

2. Jesus of montreal

Jesus of montreal WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

lol, GGG is so immigrant

3. royyjonesjrp4pno1

royyjonesjrp4pno1 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

GGG habla espaƱol. Marketing dream for Bob Arum and HBO.

4. royyjonesjrp4pno1

Any of Chavez Jr, Canelo or Cotto. None of these fights will happen.

5. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Judah

6. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

GGG, just like Terry Norris, is trained by Abel Sanchez and wants fights with welterweights!

7. Jesus of montreal

there's a million fighter better than rubio. Cotto, Canelo even chavez jr at 160. Or he could move a huge 8 pounds, and fight Ward, Kessler, Froch. Hell even Abraham and stiglitz would be better than the shit he's been fighting reently

I just dont understand that you seem to be happy with this kind of opposition

8. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    I'll bet $100 on GGG against any GGG hater here in any of those fights

9. Dog Jones

Dog Jones WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I agree with this

10. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    None of those guys at 160 would fight him and not believing a guy is the real deal while simultaneously expecting him to move up in weight to prove it is a textbook example of hating

11. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

He will probably fight Nonito Donaire next... or Joshua Clottey.

12. Jesus of montreal

what word do we have that nobody will fight him at 160 ?? HBO ???? I just dont belive tht with the backing that HBO is giving him, that he cant get a good fight.

And I'm not hating, I'm a Golovkin fan, but I won't annont him as the next big thing while he's fighting crappy to mid level opposition. And I'm dissapointed in his carreer choice thus far. And unlike you, i'm consistent in my belief. I think that their is way too many weight class in boxing, so I dont think that going to super middle is a big deal for a middleweight.

And even at 160, it's not like he's close to having cleaned the division. He still has Cotto and Quillin, at the minimum, to beat

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  13. royyjonesjrp4pno1

Quillin isn't going to fight GGG. Al Haymon won't allow that. He just turned down his career high pay day.

14. puerto rock

puerto rock WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

I doubt he'll get any big fights at 160. He's probably gonna have to go up to 168 for that.

15. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

If Golovkin can't get one of the big names to fight him at 160 lbs, he should move up asap. He's already in his 30's in we already know he can beat, no, that he can destroy, B-/C+ level opposition. Time to fight the A guy's, or at the very least, a B+ (like Kessler)

16. SilentNight

SilentNight Undisputed Champion

:lol:

This guy is petty sad.

He won't move up. Just content to pad his record with bums.

Honestly sick of hearing about this guy.

17. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    I wasn't that impressed by Triple Cute last night. Maybe it was an off night but he was shipping shots and basically just pushed through with sheer aggression. Ridiculously premature stoppage too.

18. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    you simpletons dont seem to comprehend that golovkin is doing great destroying the also rans willing to face him. he has the backing of HomeBoysOnly, who prior the signing of saul alvarez, had no one marketable. he just sold out the stubhub center and even forced them to add seats which has never happened. the guy has proven to be an attraction on both coasts despite any type of b side worth mentioning. he made 7 figures and that number will not decrease. not exactly sure why he should move up except because some of you assholes want to see him face heavier punching bags. tell that faggot froch to fight him. he already admitted he is terrified

19. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    This. I thought Donaire was looking and doing great for two and half rounds, he took a look in the first, hurt Walters bad in the second and was doing damage early in the third, then the KD came and after that it was one-way traffic. Excellent performance by Walters who is among the more impressive young guns of the sport,

As for GGG there is very little to be said. Rubio seemed much bigger than him but he isn't a top-30 fighter anymore. If you want to find something positive about this, maybe this will prove to SilentNight that GGG is better than Lemieux

20. mexican wedding shirt

mexican wedding shirt The Greatest of Are Times

Didn't think there was much wrong with the performance tbh. For starters it only lasted a round and a half :lol:

I felt like Gaybox knew Rubio was completely outgunned, and it was only a matter of time before he landed a couple of good shots to stop him, and didn't mind taking a one or two to land his.

As far as the stoppage, looked like Rubio simply didn't make the count to me.

21. mexican wedding shirt

I know a lot of people will say Nonito is done etc, but for me this fight confirms what I've thought since Vazquez, that Nonito just isn't that good against guys at least his own size, at 122+.

When his power can't bail him out, he doesn't have much else to show. He's nowhere near Pacquiao's level, and for a while a lot of people were saying he was better.

Walters is legit though, and a big featherweight.

22. Ugotabe Kidding

Home Page:
    Agreed. Golovkin could do anything he wanted there so he didn't waste time and pull a Klitshko by protecting himself against a hopeless contender. I also thought the two punches that decided the fight, the uppercut that started the last onslaught and the left that finished it, were very impressive. He threw those punches effortlessly, the punches didn't travel a long distance, they were accurate and deadly. Also agreed on that Rubio just didn't beat the count, he wasn't ready to fight at the count of 10 and spreading arms after the fight is over doesn't change that

23. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    I always noted how Donaires face used to redden and mark up so easy. Bad sign. He looks like a guy who might drink and party a lot away from boxing. Fair play to this Walters, seems a legit guy, could make a lot of noise.

24. mexican wedding shirt

I was impressed by the exact same thing. That right uppercut and preceding punch were awesome, Pacquiao style - thrown effortlessly, whilst moving, and of course very accurate.

25. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Thought the "finisher" looked very awkward.

26. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

It's a combination of all three factors. Donaire is past his physical peak, but I agree with you. The guy has always been overrated. Cdogg especially seems to believe Donaire is a lot better than he is. I think he once said that Nonito would be a tough fight for Sal Sanchez, which made my eyes pop out. Sanchez would have molested Donaire, in easy fashion.

Walters is legit though, and like you said, he's big for a feather weight. He's got a very solid jab, BIG time power in his right hand, and has a good ring IQ, which is a trait I always like to see in a top fighter.

I will say, I've never been much of a Donaire fan, but he was ALL class in defeat last night. And Walters gave one of the classy post-fight interviews of a winning fighter that we've seen in a long time.

27. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Mex, who in the WORLD ever said Donaire was better than Pac?

Young Pac was literally several MILES more talented than Donaire.

28. mexican wedding shirt

Xplosive - as you may have guessed - it was mainly cdogg and Hut ;)

I'm pretty sure both had Donaire as the #1 or 2 fighter in the world, over Pacquiao. I recall others thinking Donaire was better than Pacquiao too, around the time he was at his peak, after destroying Montiel.

29. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Montiel was a fucking midget.

30. Ugotabe Kidding

Home Page:
    IMO nearly everybody here (Hut and cdogg among them) has been saying that Donaire isn't versatile but what he does he has done well. With his power and accuracy he is a very dangerous opponent for anybody who attacks him, including the greats such as Wilfredo Gomez. However, he isn't an exceptional boxer. I don't remember anyone picking him over Sanchez, it was Gomez and because of styles.

A solid point however is that Donaire has gotten plenty of advantage of his size. Now that he fought a bigger guy with same talent level, he got pummeled