Whitaker vs Tszyu @ 140

Discussion in 'Mythical Matchups' started by Xplosive, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

Who wins?

2. Hex-One

Hex-One "Twinkle Toes" McJack

None of your business
    Whitaker UD.

Pea had a great chin and very good defense. I say Tszyu cant find him and loses a lop-sided dec.

3. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

Tszyu always did well against "cutesy" type fighters. He not only was powerful, but had great timing which was key to his success. I think Whitaker decisions him, but it's not a route.

4. Erratic

Erratic "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Professional Bum
    Home Page:
    Poor Tszyu.

Always losing in mythical matchups here.

I agree that he makes it competitive though.

5. Tam Tam

Tam Tam "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Tszyu KO7

6. ghoster

ghoster Leap-Amateur

Home Page:
    Tszyu would look but never find Sweet Pea.

7. jaws1216

jaws1216 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    timing beats speed.

Whitaker is clearly the greater fighter, and the better fighter, but this is a tough match-up.

Tszyu was a very good boxer, and the way he stalked people makes me think he could negate some of Pea's best traits, namely his controlling pace with movement.

with his range finding left held high, its tough for opponents to control the fight against him.

I think he'd win a close decision by being more active, and landing the much better looking shots.

8. joony

joony "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    tszyu looked like shit vs. a one-legged mitchell. just because he zapped Zab in two and beat up an old Mitchell in the rematch doesn't mean that he beats Whitaker, who's light years better than those two.

whitaker also whupped a younger version of roger mayweather. tszyu fought an old ass roger and failed to impress in winning a 12 round clinch fest.

9. Tam Tam

Home Page:
    :jester: Whitaker wouldn't even remember that fight like you and I do. He was knocked out at one point, whereas Tszyu beat the piss out of old man Mayweather.

10. Maverick

Maverick Undisputed Champion

Point is, he won the fight clearly.

11. Tam Tam

Home Page:
    And Tszyu didn't? He was the one who brought up the Mayweather fight; not me. I think it was foolish to bring Roger into the debate if you're backing Whitaker...because Roger landed one punch the whole fight and almost killed Pernell with it.

Tszyu didn't miss many opportunities to bust a straight right onto the jaw of some defense first lefty.

12. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Whitaker by decision.

Tszyu would make him work for it, though.

Strong, persistent, and he had the only punch that ever consistently troubled Pete: Staright Right

Whitaker just a little too quick, a little too sharp.

13. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    roger said he thinks Whitaker would have beat the dog shit out of Tszyu. i think whitaker would have won a decision.

14. Double L

Double L Book Reader

yeah. Roger's never wrong.

15. Maverick

Your point would be vaild had Whitaker lost the fight. Julio Cesar Chavez said that Roger Mayweather hit him the hardest he had ever been hit with. Chavaz said the punch hurt him so badly he need at least 2 minutes to get his head completely straight. Roger was no featherfisted guy.

Whitaker was rocked, but your leaving out how he not only recovered moments later, but contiuned to outclass Mayweather after that. The punch Roger landed was due to Pernell's clowning if I remember correctly.

16. Tam Tam

Home Page:
    Recovered moments later? Dude, he held on for dear life and rode the round out. The guy was knocked shitless. You don't remember correctly.

And my point would be valid? :jester: Tszyu wins the easiest of decisions and has no trouble at all in a boring fight...Whitaker has no trouble at all...cept for the part where he was on the canvas and almost out cold. Again, *I* wasn't the one who raised the Mayweather fight to prop someone up. If I wanted something positive for Whitaker, I'd mention about 25 other fights of his, against good comp...where he didn't have to survive a near death experience.

17. Maverick

Fine whatever even if he was hurt for alot longer, he still bounced back and outclassed Mayweather. Bottomline is Whitaker won the fight by a large amount. I have no problem with you picking Tszyu, but the fact that this knockdown is even an issue is useless. Mayweather landed a punch that hurt Whitaker, even though Mayweather STILL LOST the fight very convincingly, how does this knockdown even matter? How is it that Whitaker still out fougth Mayweather's ass after the round he got hurt in not even mentioned? So really bringing up the knockdown itself is a bit ridicilous, seeing how it didn't change the outcome of the fight one bit.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  18. jaws1216

jaws1216 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    Unless you are comparing how Whitaker fared against him versus how Tszyu fared. Especially when an implication is made that Whitaker did "better" against him. Lets see, guy who wins handily and controlles nearly the entire fight, or guy who wins handily and was put on queer street for a round.

19. Maverick

First, I wasn't comparing. I'm just saying regardless of the fact that Whitaker was hurt, he still won convincingly.

Second, you do know that Whitaker fought and beat a better version of Mayweather who was about a decade younger then the one Tszyu beat right?

20. Maverick

First, I wasn't comparing, I'm just saying regardless of the fact that Whitaker was hurt, he still won convincingly.

Also, you do know that Whitaker fought and beat a better version of Mayweather who was about a decade younger then the one Tszyu beat right?

21. Registered

Registered "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Technical Director
    Home Page:
    lol @ the people in here comparing mid-30s Roger Mayweather to mid-20s Roger Mayweather. :jester:

22. joony

joony "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    you know tszyu's one of my favorite fighters. i think this is a competitive fight, but i wouldnt hesistate to pick whitaker.

23. Tam Tam

Home Page:
    And you know I have no problem with anyone picking Whitaker. Its the smart pick. I only took issue with your use of the Mayweather fight as evidence, bro.

24. Xplosive

Xplosive X-MOD Bad Motherfucker

LOL. Was Tam being serious?