Who wins this round robin?

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by Destruction and Mayhem, Apr 10, 2012.

1. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

By the Time Ali Fought Frazier, he was a "Spurt Fighter" Who LACKED "One Punch Power"....He Beat Frazier TWICE...

REED:dancingBaby:

2. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

REED's Bad...

Still, Beating Qawi in a Toe to Toe Slugfest, 12 Fights Deeeeeeeeep, is QUITE a Feat...

REED:cheer:

3. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

But Frazier beat him in the big one, before Joe had been brutally knocked out by Foreman.

Just don't see it.

4. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

No doubt. Qawi was a short little badass.

5. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Holyfield was a BUSIER Fighter than the Version of Ali that Frazier Fought...Probably Hit a Tad HARDER as Well...

"The Big One" Took ALOT Out of Frazier...Dude was in the Hospital for like a MONTH or So....Holyfield would B the Bigger, Taller & Likely the STRONGER Man...Frazier was Essentially a 1 Armed Fighter...

Holyfield was GREAT @ the 2 Armed SHOVE; the Same One Foreman Effectively Used to Keep Frazier @ a Distance...It'd B a GREAT Fight, but Holyfield BEATS Frazier 7-8 Out of 10 Times...

REED:fightme:

6. whiskey

whiskey Czarcasm

AgREED. I've always favored Holyfield in this matchup but it would be a tremendous battle. Nothing one sided about it.

7. cdogg187

cdogg187 GLADYS

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Calling Holyfield/Frazier a one-sided fight is insane

8. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Ward won because he minimized the punishment he took throughout, for various reasons. Froch was in a war with Kessler, who then pulled out. Taylor went into the tournament damaged and soon pulled out. Dirrell couldn't hack it or got brain-damaged whatever, he pulled out. It was won by the guy who took the least punishment- for whatever reasons- his style, talent, fighting Allan Green and not Glen Johnson, whatever.

Punishment adds up just as fast as wins, and sometimes faster.

9. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Frazier wouldn't stop hitting Evander. The question wasn't who would win between in a fight, Frazier vs Holyfield. The question was who would win the tournament, and the winner of the tournament is Frazier, because Evander would find God or find a hole in his heart or lose too much salts or lose the contact number of the guy at Balco or whatever.

In a round-robin, Frazier wins, because Frazier is a hard bastard and of the 4 guys named, he's probably naturally the biggest guys.

Evander may well beat him, but Evander probably can't beat Marciano and Frazier without the damage catching up and he has a Bert Cooper moment with Joe Louis, except Joe Louis finishes him. That's how I see it playing out. Or Holy could fight Marciano, stop him on cuts but only after Marciano breaks Holyfields palate bone and depresses his left orbital eye-socket. Holyfield could well slice and dice Marciano but Evander always got caught and Marciano always hurt whoever he hit. Holyfields career is littered with injuries, delays, medical scares etc.

10. Free Ike

Free Ike WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

None
    I'd favor Frazier or the Bastard Maker. The one guy who would have no chance is JOE Louis. He was a tiny skilless bum and wouldn't have a belt today if he fought. The guy had no skill at all and a bad chin.Rocco was skilless but tough and durable unlike Louis who developed his legacy on part time fighters, bums or men smaller. Louis would never beat any of them ever. He would never go 15 with any of them. hE LOSES BY KAYO and is out in the first round.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  11. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Frazier Could just as Easily have an "Oscar Bonavena Moment"....

REED:cheer:

12. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    Stop saying things just to shock Ike, we're all big boys here.

13. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

Sadly, that's All SHITS & GIGGLES is Good For...Aside from Shock Value, he's Got a Big Bag of NATHAN...

REED:limp:

14. Free Ike

Free Ike WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

None
    There is tape on Joe Louis. If you think he was good, you need to find a new sport. He was awful, slow, chinny, uncoordinated just shitty. Put down the Ring Magazine and think for yourself. To me, heavyweight boxing , especially in the mythical sense like this thread, begins in the Ali era. Any good fighter from the 70's would thrash Joe Louis. There isn't a single good heavyweight that i'D PICK lOUIS OVER. The guy's resume was awful. LOUIS would NOT even beat WLAD Pussy. He'd lose 1000 out of 1000.He might beat Ruiz. He'd lose to Mercer and Bowe level guys.Frankly, the heavyweight era should be divided into the black and white and then the "modern." Marciano was bad too. I would fear for the lives of Marciano and Louis if they fought a prime Tyson, even Frazier. Death would be likely.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  15. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    I said that continuously about Frazier in a fight with Vitali Klitschko, but nobody seemed interested. Frazier got hurt by everyone but, bar Foreman, he put it on everybody he ever fought. They all paid a price.

16. Pascals Wager

Pascals Wager Undisputed Champion

Frazier beats Holy-Conditioning.
    Overall, I'd say Louis or Frazier. Marciano last.

17. Irish

Irish Yuge, Beautiful

Home Page:
    Yeah, Marciano has too many hail-mary moments in his career for my liking, hard to see him getting the lucky breaks often enough in a round robin to win it.

I liken Frazier to a bigger version of Marciano with a few differences, I actually think Marciano did a few things better- he may have been a bit harder to hit, his crouch might top Joe's head-movement thing, and he might have been a bit more two-fisted. Not enough to beat Joe two times out of two though.

18. REEDsART

REEDsART MATCHMAKER

What, if Anything, Does that have to Do w/REED Or the Topic @ Hand???...

REED Thinks MORE of Frazier than Most Guys in this Thread Do...But the Thing is, Holyfield was CONSIDERABLY TALLER (About the Same Height as Ali & Foreman), had a GREAT Chin, would B Right Around the Same WEIGHT as Frazier & Would Conceivably B STRONGER...Not to Mention More MOBILE, More ATHLETIC, a Better COMBINATION Puncher, More SKILLED, etc....

Like Holyfield, Joe Frazier WAS NOT a "Big" Heavyweight, Per Se...If U Could Manage to PUSH Frazier Back &/or OFFSET his Left Hook (to SOME Degree), MORE than Half of the Battle was ALREADY Won...Holyfield was QUITE Capable of Mid-Fight Adjustments (The ENTIRETY of Tyson-Holyfield I was a Testament to Evander's Ability to ADJUST & Be SMART, yet Aggressive)...He Could Certainly MINIMIZE the Number of Left Hooks he Ate from Frazier...Even as he Whipped Tyson's Ass, Holy was Cognizant of GRABBING Mike's Arms....Not to Mention the "Cagey" Use of the Headbutts...

It's Funny, Guys like Doub Portray Human SPONGES like Margarita as "Subtle Scientists", but Evander Holyfield Actually WAS one...Obviously, Foreman was the Absolute WORST Matchup for Frazier, Stylistically...But REED Thinks Holyfield just Might MATCHUP w/Frazier Better than Even Ali Did....

REED:34:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  19. KaukipRrr

KaukipRrr "Twinkle Toes" McJack

We will rar rar rar RAR RAR RAR RAR! RAR!! RAR!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

Irish for prez yo :crafty: