Why Star Wars: The Last Jedi will suck

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Panchyprsss, Sep 4, 2017.

1. lb 4 lb

lb 4 lb Fightbeat Gold Member

I don't remember anyone being let down by Jedi. It followed the Empire which is considered hands down the best ever, so it obviously didn't come close as close, but it was still considered a decent ending to the trilogy from what I recall. It had the Ewoks which was a real negative but overall I recall most people being satisfied with Return.

The prequels were considered horrible by most everyone and rightfully so. That first one is borderline unwatchable and Sith is just an overall bad film carried by decent visuals and action sequences. In fact all the prequels are carried by visuals and action sequences as the overall dialogue and story for all three films are just flat out terrible and IMO the new ones aren't much better.

2. Double L

Double L Book Reader

I liked Rogue one. Thought it was good. Liked the blind guru. The vader cameos. And the ground battles.

3. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

The prequels are not as bad as many keep saying. Each had its own original memorable stuff:

The Phantom Menace: Sure jar Jar was unfunny, but Liam Neeson as Qui Gon Jin was the best Jedi Master of all the films. Too bad he died. We get to see the Jedi Council and the Old Republic Senate, plus many concepts now canon (padawans, Sith Lords having only one Apprentice, etc) plus Darth Maul is as bad ass as Vader and remains a fan favorite.
    Attack of the Clones: the freaking Clone Wars, baby! Jango Fett, Christopher Lee as baddie Count Dooku, the beginning of Anakin's slow descend to the Dark Side. The ground battle was great.
    Revenge of the Sith: better than Return of the Jedi IMO. no funny or cute characters here; Mace Windu dueling and defeating Palpatine only to be betrayed by Anakin; the epic duel between Obi Wan and Vader/Anakin is the best lightsaber duel of all 8 films.

4. lb 4 lb

You just exaggerated the fuck out of those prequels. Like I said the, Phantom Menace is so boring it's borderline unwatchable. Darth Maul was the only redeeming quality of that film. Also the three prequels failed to show any kind of slow descent to the dark side for Anakin. Yeah he killed some sand people and banged a girl but other than that he basically just switched to the dark side in one swift action.

Also please tell me you didn't mention that lame ass Windu versus Palpatine saber battle as entertaining. It looked fake as shit and looked like two geriatrics battling at a snails pace. Sith's Vader-Anakin was the best light saber battle? You mean the one where they jump on top of flying droids while hovering over a river of lava lol and ends with them trying to outjump each other to the "high ground"?

All 3 prequel films had decent action sequences but overall the stories were all weak as shit. All three films were good concept terrible execution movies that were completely carried by the visual and action sequences. The dialogue was mostly atrocious and the stories were all over the place.

5. Destruction and Mayhem

Destruction and Mayhem PHASE ----3

Please. The prequels were SHIT and that's all there is to it.

6. Panchyprsss

quoting Clogg: go kill yourself!!!

7. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

Eveeything relevant about the Star Wars prequels:

8. lb 4 lb

LMFAO. I remember those from back in the day.

How about this new one.

9. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Yeah I saw that - thought it was cool.
    Everyone goes ga-ga over fuckin lightsabers in these fuckin movies now.

When I first saw Star Wars I wanted a blaster like Solo, blaster like the Stormtroopers or a set of those 4-blaster-cannons in the Milenium Falcon.

Jedi Knights are fucking boring do-gooders....and there's a reason they were eradicated from the Galaxy.

10. Panchyprsss

Haters: Puhleeeee!!! Revenge of The Sith still has a 79% certified fresh RT rating even after all the revised/added vitriol that has accumulated years later by the prequels trashers reviews. When that movie came out it made the cover of TIME magazine, not because it was a turkey, but because its film critic thought it was the best Star Wars film since The Empire Strikes Back! The film opened to mostly glowing reviews, grossed $380 million domestically and $848 million worldwide on a $113 million budget. Fans mostly liked it even though all of them universally laughed at the Vader 'NOOOO!!' line. It was only years later with the 'progressive' mentality of trashing Lucas for 'raping my childhood' that 'Sith' was also found guilty by association. In my personal experience the film wasn't what I wanted (I just wanted a full blown all Darth Vader film hunting down and destroying the Jedi knights), but what was delivered was good enough to stand on its own. Unlike J.J. Abrams, George Lucas didn't made films to cater to the fans wishes, sacrificing original ideas over familiarity, but to stay true to his own personal vision.

11. Panchyprsss

[​IMG]That was fucking hilarious! Thanks for posting it here.

12. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Okay seriously, aside from removing Jar-Jar Binks what three things per movie, would you add/change in order to improve:
    The Phantom Menace
    Attack Of The Clones
    Revenge Of The Sith

13. lb 4 lb

You can keep trying to rewrite history all you want but I distinctly remember all the prequels were considered a disappointment. As each one of the prequels came out they were each considered a little better than its predecessor. That's not how a trilogy usually works. Usually they get worse by the third film not better.

Regardless, the prequels were shitty and unwatchable then and they're shitty and unwatchable now. Like any film, there will always be some who like them and some who don't but regardless of where you or I stand, the prequels just weren't considered good films anywhere other than the visuals and action sequences. The story and dialogue was all laughably bad.

14. Panchyprsss

It is funny how those movies kept breaking opening weekend box office records if fans were so turned off by the previous ones and how they kept coming back for repeated viewings despite they 'weren't considered good films anywhere'. Like those that are tumbling down confederate statues, those shouting and whining that the prequels were atrocious does not represent the majority of the people that paid tickets to watch them.

15. Panchyprsss

The Phantom Menace: Do not make Anakin a boy nor a slave. He should have been the teenager padawan of an older Obi Wan from the start of the film (sorry, Qui Gon Jin, but you would have been out of this story). (2) Make the film less political since all these 'taxation' and 'blockade' plot points were too heavy to digest for 90% of the audience (3) no freaking podrace
    Attack Of The Clones: Portman & Christensen had zero chemistry. I would have them persuaded to go to a motel and fuck like crazy before filming and them change their lines with some real flirting (2) the 'funny' headless Threepio scenes needed to be cut out (3) spend more time on Anakin showing more resent and hate
    Revenge Of The Sith: I have mentioned before than Anakin should have turned into Vader sooner and spend the remaining half of the film destroying the Jedi, but that would be a totally different film. As it is I will change (1) Tell James Earl Jones to go back to the recording studio and deliver a decent 'NOOOOOO!!!' instead of the fake one he phoned from his bed (2) the opening sequence of rescuing Palpatine was too long. I would have edited it a bit shorter (3) Lucas should have had more balls and show Anakin/Vader killing Jedis (including the younglings) at the Jedi Temple. Yes, it would have scared shock younger & sensitive audience members, but it would have make a solid point what a monster Anakin/Vader was now.

16. lb 4 lb

Another desperate attempt of a poster using box office totals as proof that a movie was good. Well several of the Transformers movies sold tickets in the billions. Does that mean those were good movies too?

17. Panchyprsss

Obviously many people do enjoy them...just like those retarded Fast & Furious films.

18. Panchyprsss

One of my beefs with the new trilogy films is the lack of creativity, like for example the characters names: while Lucas kept a familiar average name for its main character, Luke, he didn't do the same with the rest (Leia, Han, Obi Wan, Tarkin, Vader, etc). However Abrams gave us mostly familiar average names for practically all the good guys (Rey, Finn, Poe and now Rose...really?)

19. Panchyprsss

This franchise is in deep trouble!

A month after its release in theaters, Hasbro has terminated its toy line 'Force of Destiny' because of lackluster sales. These toys are not selling!!! this is the first time SW toys tank and more telling that it happened in such a short timespan. Usually toys ride the wave with the release of a film where it sees its better sales. This case is the opposite: as soon as the film was released, the toys sales STOPPED. Also aiming most of these toys toward GIRLS and ignoring the hardcore adult male fanbase was the stupidest PC decision ever.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Hasbro execs must be saying 'These are not the toy sales numbers we were looking for' and 'This (Disney) deal is getting worst and worst!"

20. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player
    Nice bump of this thread. Seems like we all had a feeling.

21. Double L

Double L Book Reader

Libtards have managed to kill SW.

22. Panchyprsss

Word. I am not pumped for that new 'Solo' film (it might flop) and I have ZERO desire to watch Episode 9. SW is no longer the fun escapist franchise it once was. Disney killed it. Now is all PC progressive bullshit.

23. Destruction and Mayhem

Lucas killed it long before Disney closed the casket.

24. Destruction and Mayhem

Personally I don’t mind them adding in a little non white here and there and a strong woman here and there....but they MUST stick with the formula.

Evil dark side force wielder
    Good jedi
    Lightsaber battle(s)
    Space battle(s)
    Empire/first order vs rebellion/Resistance

We don’t need anymore Death Stars but as long as they have the above and a cohesive dark story we’re good to go. Force awakens was very good and momentarily revived the franchise however last Jedi killed it DEAD!

25. Joe King

Joe King WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Player
    Absolutely. The lack of a true lightsaber duel was ridiculous and a real turn off. The space slow speed chase was very dumb. It makes no sense to have The Force Awakens follow that and have The Last Jedi blowing up the formula. They could have started fresh without any characters from the original movies.

26. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Quelle surprise!
    The Forum's biggest racist gets in yet again.

Parabéns!!