Worst Popular Sitcoms of all time

Discussion in 'Movies & Televison: Reviews, Discussions & Debate' started by Xplosive, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Nobleart

Nobleart Narwhal King

Poking the Beast

Jim, is the straight man. In nearly every successful ensemble comedy, you usually need a straight man to bounce your wackier supporting characters off of.......and that guy usually never gets the credit for the role he's playing.

I loved "The Office", but it really petered out near the end. Probably should have ended 3 or 4 seasons before it did. By the time Steve Carell left the show, they were pretty much toast already.

Had a little bit of a comeback for the final season, but that's only because they knew they were finished by then.

2. Wiser 1878

Wiser 1878 Bridgerweight Champion

Management/Health Care
    If I ever win the lottery I am going to buy an office building to live in. Have it designed just like Dunder Mifflin and sleep in the break room.

3. Wiser 1878

Management/Health Care
    My blueprint:

(I'm pretty sure the ??? was a second conference room. They had one where they had conferences around a rectangular table. Then another room where most of the meetings were held with all the chairs facing the front of the room.

[​IMG]

4. Panchyprsss

Panchyprsss Clogg's LORD PROTECTOR

Normally I don't watch sitcoms so I can't pick what can be the worst p4p, so I'll just name the ones that I watched maybe once or twice and thought were extremely overrated:

Murphy Brown - piece of shit liberal feminist crap from the 80s

Seinfield - never got it why this thing was so popular...maybe it was a white thing? :dunno:

Cheers - watched two episodes and was bored to death

Small Wonder - a one joke premise...and that one joke was not funny

Mr. Belvedere - English housekeeper who...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air- fuck all of you idiots that love this overrated piece of excrement. I hated even the commercials from that show! :Crap:

5. Hut*Hut

Hut*Hut The Mackintosh of temazepam

Involved in hyperbole
    Big Bang theory
    scrubs
    Men behaving badly

6. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

I tried really, really hard to get into the US Office, and tried to view it as something completely separate to the UK version (which is absolutely brilliant), but it just doesn't work for me. I did like the scene with the DVD logo though.

Friends had some great writing in the early seasons, it's one of those shows which is seen as cool to bash, but I really enjoyed it.

In the UK I have to say Extra's was really overrated. Mrs Brown's Boys is an insult to humankind. My Family is a horrible sitcom.

Big Bang and Scrubs by far the worst from overseas.

7. Neil

Neil ABJECT COWARD

The Cal Ripken of Alcoholism
    are you being served

8. Wiser 1878

Management/Health Care
    The UK press had a lot of praise for the US version of the Office. Not when it came out. But during the golden run which would have been seasons 2-6 most likely.

I like the UK version as well and give all the props to Gervais and Merchant for the idea. But they basically did 12 episodes, fucked off for several years then came back with an hour special or something like that. They never had to develop the background characters the way the US version did.

A typical US sitcom runs 24 22 minute episodes (30 minutes with commercials) per season. The continuing story lines in the US Office were much stronger than a typical US sitcom.

The first season (6 episodes in the spring of '05) was testing the waters with a closer adaption to the UK version. The ratings were absolutely horrible here. It was picked up by NBC for a full season because the critics praised the cast and loved the idea. I remember being very surprised and happy it was picked up. They made a few changes and the second season was much better than the first.

9. Slice N Dice

Slice N Dice Big stiff idiot

Yeah the first episode was basically exactly the same as the first episode of the U.K. version, same lines and everything. It wasn't horrible, but I just couldn't get into it. It did have some funny moments though.

10. Double L

Double L Book Reader

I loved what a self-important idiot Micheal was. This was no doubt inspired by the UK version, but Carrell obviously did his own thing with it and it was hilarious. He was just such an idiot! It got to a point where you could predict the stupid shit he would do or say, and that made it all the funnier.

Dwight was very interesting too with his strange ethnic roots and his feuds with Jim.

11. Rich ´Money´ Mustard

Rich ´Money´ Mustard DIE!

Said Neil to his Mom....

12. Wiser 1878

Management/Health Care
    Yeah. Michael was hilarious. He gave big speeches completely unprepared that were 90 % off topic. He always had to put himself into the center of things that didn't involve him. He considered himself an expert on a lot of things though he was bumbling idiot at everything.

He reminds me a lot of someone else who is currently all over the news.

:hmm: