Wow...Tim Sylvia's next challenger will be......

Discussion in 'General MMA Discussion' started by FourHooks, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    :jester: :jester:

2. Tam Tam

Tam Tam "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Home Page:
    You can laugh it up all you want, bro. He is. There are few guys in the sport who could get the better of Sylvia standing, these days.

3. Beyond the Grave

Beyond the Grave Undisputed Champion

steel maker
    Home Page:
    :jester: :jester:

4. 20yearoldvirgin

20yearoldvirgin WBC Champion

Name 15.

5. Tam Tam

Home Page:
    Name 5.

6. TFK

TFK WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Sylvia's striking is made even better by his great takedown defense. He's just hard to take to the ground.

I know it's the 'cool' thing among Sherdoggers and the like to hate Tim Sylvia, but to deny his abilities just shows true ignorance to the sport.

TFK

7. Hanzy

Hanzy "Twinkle Toes" McJack

He's fighting jokes. Monson NEVER deserved a shot at the title, and neither does old man Couture. Tim Sylvia = BIG fish in a tiny pond. It's not ignorance to the sport to dislike Sylvia, it's awareness to see the UFC's heavyweight division for what it is. It's a piece of crap division. People just latch onto whoever has a winning record. The way they jumped on the Arlovski bandwagon because he delivered a few KOs over fatass bums like Buentello and Eilers during his title reign.
    There's no solid competition in that crappy division.

8. TFK

And how is that Sylvia's fault?

Plus, UFC is starting is starting to address the situation with the signing of Cro Cop.

I wonder if Sylvia KO's Cro Cop, will the fans finally give Sylvia his due, or will they continue to dog him and make excuses for Cro Cops loss.

TFK

9. Hanzy

He should get respect for beating CroCop. But even then so, what does it say about the UFC or MMA in general if a tall man with a jab and very basic takedown defense(with no submission or ground skills whatsoever) can be a champion in the UFC? It probably means a guy like Wladimir or Vitali could step into the UFC and wreck the division without much effort.
    Tim Sylvia is a bouncer turned MMA fighter, the guy had no amateur career or background in any discipline. Even his so called boxing skills are awful. Bad balance, straight up stance, no footwork, clumsy oaf with a left/right. He's a Mike Jamison-level boxer at best. But I guess that's all you need to rule the UFC's heavyweight division, well with a tiny bit of knowledge in executing a sprawl and in locking your fingers into the fence when an opponent tries to take you down.:jester:
    I think it says more about the crappyness of the UFC than it does about Tim Sylvia. Half-decent big man beats good small man.

10. CleanYourClock

CleanYourClock "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Little old Couture is going to rape and sodimize Sylvia ... :sportif3: :unsure:

11. 20yearoldvirgin

I doubt it, there will probably be one upset at this card, and my pick is Chris Lytle by TKO over Matt Hughes. fdgdssddw

12. Tam Tam

Home Page:
    Nobody can name me five guys? Big suprise.

All talk.

13. Hanzy

It's what makes MMA laughable. You see Ashes, the evolution of MMA has forced non-strikers to become strikers. Fighters like Tito Ortiz and Matt Hughes for example. 2 guys who are pure wrestlers are now trying to incorporate boxing into their routines because not every fight goes to the ground. So wrestlers and grapplers and submission artists are being forced to stand and strike and that's not an area they're fluid at. Randy Couture is not a striker.

14. Tam Tam

Home Page:
    That post is a lot of fluff, Hanz. None of it has anything to do with what Hooks and I said and its not what you disagreed with.

You present me with no less than 5 names. Pronto :box:

15. Hanzy

I would say Mirko CroCop, Mark Hunt, Semmy Schilt, Sergei Kharnitov, and Alexander Emelianenko. I'd give any of them a better chance than Jeff Monson and china-chinned Arlovski anyday.

16. TFK

That's the beauty of MMA. You can't just rely on one strength to be succesful. You have to be well rounded to be great.

TFK

17. Tam Tam

Home Page:
    Ok.

Cro Cop and Hunt are the names that immediately come to mind.

Schilt is no longer considered an MMA fighter, IMO. He fights so rarely, that its like still considering Cro Cop as a K-1 fighter. He doesn't count.

Kharitatov? LOL...no.

Alexander? Perhaps. He's raw still and I would take Sylvia over him.

18. Hanzy

The reason you're talking the way you are with so much praise towards Tim is because he's currently on top right now. It would be a different story if we were discussing this back when he got ripped apart by Arlovski 2 years ago. Kinda like how Wladimir Klitschko right now is praised as the best heavyweight in the division right now. How did we judge him back when he got smacked out by Sanders in humiliating fashion?
    Yeah, as usual it's always about who's hot right now on the scene eh? Once Tim gets his ass smashed up, you won't even remember that there was a guy named Tim Sylvia. He's on top of a weak sh*t division. I've already said that his days are numbered. It's a matter of time.
    Alexsander Emelianenko is clearly a superior striker to Tim, just so happens he doesn't give a sh*t about where his career is headed and he's not hungry at all. Kharnitov too has suffered a few setbacks, but he's shown he's got ability. It's not like neither of these guys aren't capable of dropping Tim like a bad habit the way Arlovski did. Keep in mind, these are huge guys who can match up physically to Tim, especially 6'6 Alexsander who has very fast powerful hands.

19. Tam Tam

Home Page:
    Ok, Mentok.

20. Hanzy

It'll all make sense in due time. Typical bandwagon hoppers such as yourself always come down to reality sooner or later.

21. Tam Tam

Home Page:
    Your powers of deduction amaze me, Mentok. I bow down.

22. Hanzy

Thank you...Thank you!!!!!:2:You are a very smart man, From the Asses!

23. Tam Tam

Home Page:
    fdgdssddw What happened to "I thought we're tight"? :nono:

24. Hanzy

We are!!!! I'm just having fun!:neener: It's been a while!

25. Tam Tam

Home Page:
    Curses. Your powers are truley vast, Mentok. I had no idea :19:

26. Azazel

Azazel "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Lol at Tim Sylva having sucess in boxing. Against Arlovski, the lug couldn't get out of the way of a basic 1-2 combination and fell on his ass everytime it connected on his glass jaw. In bonxing, he'd fare about as good as Mighty Mo

27. Hanzy

He doesn't have skills worth a sh*t. Just so happens these MMA fighters with their so-called striking skills make ButterBean look like a peak Larry Holmes. Like I said before, wrestlers can't convert to boxing. Did you ever see Jeff Monson's preparation for Sylvia? They were prodding a 6 foot metal rod with a boxing glove on the end at Monson's head and Monson was trying to slip it. Most ridiculous and stupid sh*t I ever saw. Dude was training for the fight as if he was going to compete in World's Strongest Man, pushing trucks uphill and lifting truck tires. :jester: Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkKIORv14cQ

28. 20yearoldvirgin

Hey Hanzy, are there any world class Indian mma fighters?

29. Hanzy

MMA hasn't hit the entire world yet, therefore the sport hasn't made a major impact to the point where third world countries like India will take notice, motivating kids to take up MMA as a hobby or career.
    In 10-20 years if MMA gets massive and is on par with football or baseball, then perhaps. But even then so, indians generally don't take their sporting careers to the professional level. They're more laidback and prefer to do things on their own time. That's how we roll!!!!:jester:

30. TFK

[​IMG]

TFK