Your questions for WBA/WBO Lightweight King Juan Diaz

Discussion in 'General Boxing Discussion' started by StingerKarl, Sep 19, 2007.

1. admin

admin has left the building

Not true. This happened way before the server change. Everyone beat the crap out Team Cintron so the guy tucked his tail between his legs and ran off.

Jeff Mayweather was e-mailed and advised of his new password twice.

Cupey

2. admin

funny is that I think it was Karl that ran him off the forums :lol:

3. Anthony

Anthony Admin Staff Member

Motherfucker
    I am not even a General Discussion moderator. But i can tell you this Jake. No mod is here 24/7. And honestly, what is the point of doing a job, for free nonetheless, if the owners is constantly putting you down? Not only that, but you have to pick and choose who you moderate? BTW, i didnt bring up moderators, Cupey did, so Cupey, dont blame this on me. I was just trying to help.

4. Anthony

Motherfucker
    Then why did you blame everyone else?

5. admin

nobody was blaming you. I was just making you a point.

6. admin

everyone was involved in the bashing. However, I belive Karl was banned shortly afterwards.

Cupey

7. Jake

Jake WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    not true at all, if nothing else I remember Karl defending him (Joe Pastore) to no end. It was steve_dave who first e-stepped to dude, and Pastore getting all bent out of shape over it.

I remember, because I defended steve_dave, at which point Karl expressed great disappointment as Marshall Kaufmann (Kermit's then-trainer, and co-manager along with Joe) always spoke highly of me and that I owed Team Cintron more respect than that.

If Karl got banned over it, it was because he was e-abusive toward other posters IN DEFENSE of Pastore.

8. admin

I really don't remember well. I just remember it was crazy. Dude, remember we got into an e-war with Karl at cyberboxingzone. That's was funny as hell. Joe Rein kept calling me laughing his ass off.

Cupey

9. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    Why do you get to have fun there but we can't have fun here :nono:

10. admin

have all the fun you want, but General discussion should be kept as tight as possible. Have fun in a private section.

Cupey

11. Anthony

Motherfucker
    You are kidding right?

12. admin

EVERYWHERE LIKE SUCH AS

[​IMG]

13. steve_dave

steve_dave Hard As Fuck

:bears:

I also remember interviewing Kauffmann on the radio show well after that. Pastore was being a meatball on here, I had to call him out.

Hasn't Pastore since been charged?

14. royyjonesjrp4pno1

royyjonesjrp4pno1 "Twinkle Toes" McJack

I didn't hear the boos when Diaz entered against Morales.

15. Jake

Home Page:
    you must've tuned it out, then. Diaz got heavily booed coming into the ring, the night definitely started out as a pro-Morales card, then became closer to 50/50 by fights end.

That said, Julio Diaz damn sure isn't Erik Morales in terms of fan appeal and noteriety. I don't see the fans siding with who's "more Mexican" more so than who they know better. Julio's had his share of highlights, but Juan's the streaking, undefeated fighter right now, fresh off of making Freitas quit on his stool.

Julio's bout w/ Jesus Chavez was over before it got started, and has only fought twice in the past two years. Not exactly the best way to make people forget about his inept, in-over-his-head letdown against Jose Luis Castillo a couple of years ago.

16. royyjonesjrp4pno1

I was in attendance. Maybee it was just the dudes around me where all there because Diaz was from Chicago.

17. Jake

Home Page:
    Damn, you were there? I didn't even realize you were from around there. But yeah, Diaz did have his share of cheers - it wasn't quite Tarver being booed out of his hometown in the 3rd Jones fight. But it was (or at least started out) a heavily pro-Morales card.

18. ElTerriblee

ElTerriblee "Twinkle Toes" McJack

Tarver won the crowd over though by throwing 15 punches a round compared to Jones´ two. I don´t know what ranks higher, making a Raheem fight watchable like Morales or getting a crowd to chant "Tarver,Tarver" like Jones. :lol: :lol:

19. royyjonesjrp4pno1

I spent the summer in Chicago with my cousin. Honestly from where i was Diaz got the louder recpetion of the 2. Chavez Jr got the biggest though by far. I became a huge fan myself that night.

20. StingerKarl

StingerKarl Ace Degenerate

That's it; there will be no radio interview with Juan.
    I will however, incorporate 2 or 3 of the nice questions towards him whenever I see him next when I do my written piece on the fight.
    Thanks to the posters who posed their questions professionally and courteously.
    Karl

21. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
  22. Eaner v2.0

Eaner v2.0 WBC Champion

Home Page:
    why

I mean in all seriousness Karl who cares what people clown Juan or you about in here? Why should you let it prevent you from you doing your job on Fightbeat? In the end you hurt the site more than those who you deem making a mockery of you by not having someone who is regarded as a WORLD CHAMPION.

dude I took far more shit about Margarito, AND I WORKED FOR THE GUY. Yet I am still here, still posting and still defending my fighter but not to the point of delusion

Karl you and I never ever had beef even though your disdain for the sites I work for could so let me offer this. Get a thicker skin and get over it. If you have access to Juan, use it.

23. Son of Payton

Son of Payton Banned

Home Page:
    Jesus Christ, would ALL of you grow the fuck up.

"Let me ask you a question. If you were Juan Diaz and you read this thread, would you grant FightBeat an interview?

Cupey"

I would hope that Diaz is smart enough to draw a distincition between the various members of a public forum, and it's staff/management. If the staff (writers, etc) were making such derogatory remarks, then he may have a point in refusing an interview. However, since the membership here constitues a representation of the "general public", then surely he'd realize that no fighter is totally beloved by EVERYBODY. Hell, even Muhammad Ali isn't universally beloved by everybody.

"Juan's already indirectly answered that question in a past FightBeat video interview (conducted by Karl no less, and in his greatest effort to draw his desired answer out of Juan). Diaz said himself he pays this stuff no never mind, that fans essentially pay his bills and he expects them to speak their mind, no matter how out of line it may be.

I agree with what you said about moderation, BTW. Godfather made a good point, just pick the most appropriate questions, and then do with this thread as you wish." - Jake

:bears: :bears:

"That's it; there will be no radio interview with Juan.
    I will however, incorporate 2 or 3 of the nice questions towards him whenever I see him next when I do my written piece on the fight.
    Thanks to the posters who posed their questions professionally and courteously."
    Karl

See my first post. No fighter is loved/appreciated by everybody, and when you post a thread asking for questions you should expect at least a few questions like the ones posed here. The Fightbeat Staff is expected to act in a professional manner, and adhere to certain principles when conducting interviews on behalf of the site.

The general posters, however, are under no such restrictions other than the guidelines posted at the top of the forum. Whenever you open the forum to ask questions to a fighter, you've GOT to expect something sarcastic and those questions obviously never get asked. For the most part, the moderators try their best to do a good job, but things do slip through the cracks. ALL of the insults in this thread should not have gone unchecked, however if you are going to hold the site content hostage over this matter, then perhaps you should honestly re-think whether or not you want to continue contributing to the site.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  24. admin

I have to agree with son of payton here. If you are going to do the interview then just do it. There is a long history of hate here with everyone having some guilt. So just do it because you want to contribute and those asked questions should have their questions addressed and those that acted foolishly should simply be ignored. There more you address these people the more you give them power over you.

Some moderators spend a lot of time here and I really wish they would jump on these insults or people posting to simply ruin a thread. Some rules don't have to be written, it was obvious that some people posted simply to get a rise out of Karl. So moderators need to protect topics a little more, but overall you guys do a good job of keeping the house clean.

Cupey

25. Tyler Durden

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    Awww, shucks :lol:

Just because you can't handle the truth. There was nothing I said that was untrue and I said nothing about Diaz. But don't let me stop your martyr brigade and your quest to be the only member at fightbeat.

26. Father of Muzse

Father of Muzse Undisputed Champion

This is a childish response...the person you hurt is Juan.

27. Ugotabe Kidding

Ugotabe Kidding WBC Silver Diamond Emeritus Champ

Home Page:
    Agreed. I think Diaz wouldn't mind getting more publicity. In fact, if he got a chance to speak himself in radio he might win over some new fans here.

But who knows, maybe he just didn't want to give an interview in the first place..

28. Tyler Durden

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    I beleive he never was going to give Karl an interview.

29. admin

why would he not give him an interview. He's done so many times in the past and has invited into his camp to watch him train?

Cupey

30. Tyler Durden

CNC Manager
    Home Page:
    I just think he came on here to pull the plug. I believe that was his intention because at this point he only cares about vendettas instead of boxing fans :dunno:

Show me a reason why my post made him decide to not do it? You can't, because he was looking for a way out because he had an agenda all along.