Yeah agreed. I've never really seen Messi do anything "flash" or showboaty, it's always simple close control stuff in stupidly tight spaces, but...
Yeah Maradona and Messi have to be right up there, original Ronaldo (especially at Barcelona as PR will attest to) was on a different plane to...
I'm already frustrated about the QF with France. Player for player I genuinely don't think there is much in it, we absolutely can beat them. It's...
Okocha was seriously skilled, a phenomenal talent. Under-achiever, sure, but undeniable ability. Yeboah was fantastic and EVERYBODY tried to...
You could actually argue the 90's Nigeria team which won Olympic gold were the most talented, but they didn't produce on the big stage (barring...
I've been saying it for a while now but the North African sides are the ones that focus on technique and skill, whilst the rest of Africa seems to...
I think Essien and even Gyan were better than anyone on the 1990 Cameroon side but I will concede that the Argentina win is obviously better than...
Have to disagree, I think the 2000's Ivory Coast were better (they just kept getting drawn in ridiculously tough groups every World Cup), 2010...
Agreed. Bizarre decision keeping him on at 3-0 up.
Grealish makes sense. Mount and Dier...not so much.
Maguire up against Mbappe is a terrifying prospect.
Love that.
Bellingham been our best player this half. The only one who has been trying to get at them until the last 5 minutes or so, when the rest of them...
Much better from England now. Kane should have scored there.
Exactly. It's like Southgate thinks this means we are "in control". We're not. Senegal have been the better side.
Backwards, backwards, backwards. Fucking hell.
He has, it was the other idiots around him missing gilt-edged chances.
That was the chance. Not much else he could have done there though to be fair.
Not sure the Aussie's have enough gas in the tank to muster up one more chance.
Was set up so easy for him.
Great run as well.
Faaaack! Nearly 2-2.
Aussie's back in it with a bit of luck. If you don't buy a ticket, as they say.
Aye, to be fair that goal came out of nowhere. Australia were on top until then.
Messi.
It's annoying because they've produced some incredible footballers over the years yet it's always the same dark arts bullshit with them every...
That was intense. Great run and pass by Son for the winner.
Whoops, forgot about 2010. Not as many upsets in that one, I'll grant you.
I do agree with you that some of the big sides are in transition, but I do also think some of the other sides have made big strides and improved....
Wasn't there the thing in 1990 (maybe '94 as well but I'm not sure) where the top 2 from each group went through as well as the top four 3rd place...
Separate names with a comma.