Well I think you would agree that at SOME point size edge overcomes a skill edge. Thus it is a valid point for conversation if the size difference...
Not to mention the world
Real good game. Raptors' game plan, hang in Curry with two guys, worked for two quarters, but in the 3rd GS found their rhythm and rolled away....
Agreed. Nor is the result a very good argument for 'in boxing skills always win' since Ruiz hardly is a master technician. It mainly tells us...
How, IYO, does the weight trouble him? I am asking since in the fights I have seen of him I haven't thought he would be much better if he was...
We are not disagreeing. I think Andy and Rahman are the same level of guys, with Rahman having the higher highs and lower lows
It could be, but a guy who got blasted out twice by Oleg Maskaev and was outpointed by another Ruiz is hardly a lock against anyone. Rahman was...
I agree that result, questionable though it was, proves Ruiz is nothing special. However it isn't the whole truth about him, since Joshua did beat...
One more topic, to look this from different perspective and also to concentrate on the worthy winner. The story of the fight has, understandably,...
Just to be a dickhead. Many people have predicted that Joshua will get exposed, based on their eye-test. Seems like they were right. Wonder...
And it proves I have rated Joshua incorrectly, not that the heavyweight division sucks, much less all boxing. Plus, I have always been a huge...
You are wrong, but it is ok
I don't think anybody has ever claimed that anybody would beat Tyson or Frazier by merely being bigger
I do agree, but still, it was a single fight and single result. In boxing it sometimes happens that there are those days when nothing works, and...
I am here, to eat my crow. And especially to offer a shitload of excuses. So here goes First of all, you guys were correct, I was wrong. You...
We demand hotter bodies!
Ruiz doesn't blow, but he isn't a top-10 ranked contender, either although very close to it. As REED said, Ruiz is a good combination puncher,...
He did sign to fight Miller, who was ranked high but blew the match pissing through the cup. He also offered the fight to Ortiz who backed out....
The super middleweight WBSS winner Callum Smith takes on Hassan N'Dam on Joshua's undercard. I have touted Smith for years, but he faced a path...
I think it is because Harada fought longer time ago than Zarate, so we can put his career in better perspective
So did Sugar Ray Robinson, according to your grandfather :p
I completely see the point both of you guys are making, but I don't think technical finesse can be separated from physical talent very clearly....
I would call Thurman a skillful guy, though obviously not the most skilled in the world. I would also call Roy Jones skillful, even though he...
Good stuff Karl!
Lou Duva told that Holy never asked any questions about anything, he used to nod and say 'ok' to whatever commands he got. He hasn't made the best...
Idk, the competition is tremendous with Leon Spinks, Holyfield etc. Plus, Wilder isn't the champion
Lol
For some reason the fight doesn't really interest me, even though both are good and unbeaten and it probably be a fast-paced battle. I think...
It is bit different as it is a clip from a real fight (Roy vs Brannon) but good catch nevertheless. I have seen a movie where Lennox (portraying...
Robert Helenius was sparring with Wilder before this bout. According to him, Wilder is much more difficult to fight than it would seem, he said...
Separate names with a comma.