Foreman was on the line to meet the winner between Holyfield and Douglas, which he did. Suppose Holyfield pulls out and Foreman steps in for him...
I agree Cotto has a very legit chance
- Woooo, that's it! THAT'S IT! He broke his legs! - Don't be -
I hoped that his fight against Steven Seagal would have materialized. 'I'll use boxing, he can use whatever' sounded like a recipe for the fight...
Apparently bullshitting keeps you going even after eighty professional fights. Great fighter, obviously, and also one of the first who broke down...
But as I said, boxing lacks time tables and structure. Promotional problems and fights being dependable for single persons make it difficult. It...
I realize that but the PPV model still brought money to the table, even though the popularity of the sport dropped dramatically. With even...
Fight fans are, from time to time, worried about lack of star quality fighters. For over hundred years history has proven that the sport recovers,...
Clean punching is the main attribute in scoring a boxing match, and nobody has said otherwise. However, the RULES (not us) also recognize "style...
Just like you receive points for missed shots in basketball and rushes that end in fumbles. JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER SPORT!
In fact you can, even though it isn't very likely
Yes you do. Defending is one criteria for scoring. It usually isn't the decisive one, but it CAN decide the round. Missing punches never count....
Track and field is among the very few sports where the international federation has actually and seriously tried to get rid of doping
He doesn't have the 0 though and thus he is automatically a scrub
Liston against Lennox, Holyfield, Wlad or such. It would tell much about comparing different eras
The earliest standing records are from 80s and results of 70s would still be solid results in some events. But the athletes of 1950s wouldn't be...
If this were the case, boxing would be a very unique sport. In sports such as baseball and tennis striking has developed a lot since pitches and...
Most agree boxing techniques have improved after early 1900s. Some say their peak was around 50s-60s whereas others see the techniques of 70s and...
I had Mosley 7-5 over DLH but I see your point. The thing is, not even Leonard won every round against every guy. Marcos Geraldo won three out of...
No outclassing but a clear 8-4 victory for Leonard
Exactly. Even prime for prime I wouldn't pick Tito over them but it would be a plausible pick. But picking that version of Tito indeed is AIDS worthy
Not really
Panch is not worth much but I do like these reports
Ali should win but Holyfield's harpoon attacks would keep it close. 7-5, 8-4 or such
I used to watch several of his fights about ten years ago when I found them on some site. As cdogg said, almost all his opponents looked like...
Whyte vs Chisora was a solid scrap. When people see Chisora, very few ever consider him as a bum. He isn't special by any means but he has a...
Depends on who does the ranking of course, but if you are about third best of your division and there are like 18 weight classes, chances are that...
Two guys, who nobody thought were even top-30 in pound-for-pound rankings, were even worse than thought. That means boxing is in ruins and all...
And most of all, why is he black?
Smith would probably lead on points early but he would probably be slow enough for Wilder to catch
Separate names with a comma.