Ingemar Johansson vs Eddie Machen If you haven't seen it, look it up, it is fucking absurd. To punctuate the scene, the ref counts to ten even...
Holyfield. His excuse making surpassed his heart and was only second to his sexual lust. Holy claimed that his corner stopped the Toney fight too...
The story of Adonis the Lion was told in the book Wizard of Oz
In Finland Moore has a special place as he was the champion when the first and so far only Finnish guy fought for a championship. He was a total...
I believe Wlad had definitely lost a step or two, considering his lethargic performance against Jennings. And if you consider him being in his...
Why won't you just borrow me your ping-pong ball? I know men over 120 lbs are scary to you
If they don't, there isn't much harm done then. We fans don't think any less about DeJesus, nor any more highly about Gatti, despite what HOF says
I think the HOF is a nice institution but you shouldn't take it THIS seriously. It is great that we pay respect to the past generations but it...
Yeah, I wouldn't consider Vitaly a great finisher by any means even though, paradoxically, he did finish almost all his opponents in his prime....
I don't believe anybody is going to pick Wilder, nor would there be any reason to do so. Valuable thread though
This is where your argumentation goes wrong, again: A result of a single fight doesn't define the greatness between the two fighters. A result...
Getting back to this. Do you others think that 80s was on higher level than 90s, too? Holmes 'started handling guys' in the 90s, which is...
'The fact that one almost-contender is overweight tells you everything about this era, and saying anything else or differing from MY opinion ruins...
Wlad vs AJ included way more skills though
Exactly. There are several 'barring a one-punch KO' picks, and Wilder is a prototype of a fighter in the losing end of such bouts. Cdogg just...
I don't see how we could know this for sure. Fury has shown good recuperative strength before, the fact that Wilder's punch took his senses for...
Liston had skill, but I don't trust his chances since he made his career by steamrolling much smaller guys
I mentioned those guys, because you said everybody in Holmes' era moved and feinted as well as Fury. While you were obviously using a hyperbole, I...
Sorry, I could have sworn this thread said Fury. So is it your take that Fury couldn't possibly do as well as Smith against Holmes? After all,...
Cool. I'll start to post mismatches and parrot somebody's opinions from now on and I'll add great value to this site. Btw. What, in your dream...
The heck? It is addressed all the time on here. Whenever there is a good fight, the MM section is filled with bouts where the recent fighters are...
Come on now. 80s was the better era, but it is not like Weaver, Smith, Cooney, Williams etc. were completely different class compared to Fury,...
Lewis' dreadlocks seemed unnaturally heavy to me. I suspect that they were loaded at least since 97
80s Tyson beats the best of 90s (Lewis, Holy, Bowe). Lewis beats the best of 00s (Wlad&Vitaly). Vitaly beats Fury, Joshua and Wilder 80s Hagler...
No, but I pick him to beat Wilder easily with his combination of skill and explosiveness. Fury would be far more tricky
I agree, but it also must be noted that even though he doesn't hit hard for a big guy, he still hits pretty hard because he is a big guy. Some...
Fury doesn't seem to have a big punch, but still Wilder didn't take many risks with him, until the end. He might punch harder than it seems,...
Apparently his condition has changed from critical to stable, which is good news. He likely survives, but there is no telling how bad the damage is
Excellent post.
Not an easy fight for Bowe at all. Being better than old Vlad or Wilder isn't automatically enough
Separate names with a comma.