Wilder's only chance is to keep his distance and wait for the perfect chance, since as an aggressor he is very limited. Considering Lewis'...
I said we can't only use Frazier and Norton fights, not that they weren't important. You know better than I do that styles make fights, and...
Joshua might not be a puncher, but I would still pick him to stop 197-pound Gregorio Peralta. And no, Joshua probably doesn't beat Foreman, but...
If you read, like, really carefully, I didn't mention him at all in this thread. You did. Also, from your usual set of intelligent arguments, you...
And more importantly, which ones of the fighters mentioned shook their heads?
You are more difficult to please than a feminist
No need to get angry. We agree that there is only circumstantial evidence, as often is the case. What we disagree with is, is questionable...
Fuck off. Wlad went fucking twelve years in his career without going down, from 2005 to 2017 you cunt. That's fucking more than any fucking top10...
Ok. So your case is that there were three incorrect calls in two fights, and this is way more than in fights in general
I do believe Kovalev was more winded than actually mentally weak in the fight. The body punches, also the legal ones, made him fold physically...
This. In boxing, more than almost any individual sport, you have to create the style and tactics according to the abilities of the fighter in...
Otherwise agreed, but it is always the new generation's duty to take over and clean the oldies away, force them to retire, rather than wait for it
I disagree with that Bowe was faster and there is little proof of him having a better chin. Being floored by Holy and Golota is as bad as being...
I agree with all of this. With that power it doesn't matter if you have little traditional skil, since the only strategy that makes sense to you...
I am not sure about that with all of them but I get your point, and it is a good one. Even though men have grown, most of the very best have...
I wouldn't say so. First of all, we don't know how good Ortiz is. Secondly, one successful guy doesn't change the trend. Apart from Roy, we...
Bivol UD, but based more on a guess than anything else. He is one of those Russian amateurs who looks like the goods but Barrera is by far the...
Still not to be a contrarian, I think Toney is pretty much the one who started the downfall. Whereas Ali was witty and had some self-irony...
Acting like he is the only loudmouth trying to sell a fight is what I think is weird. And the fact that you think I am comparing Wilder to Ali...
Ali did enter the ring wearing a crown. Where do you draw the line?
No, fuck no. I don't try to be a contrarian here or rarely ever. I am just pointing out that Wilder isn't doing anything exceptional here, he...
I believe Ali did some bragging too, before proving himself
This is odd. The guy should talk the talk and embrace violence, yet at the same time be humble and denigrate himself? I think Wilder truly...
Wilder wins. He knows how to land his punches, and when he does, he hurts people. I know that is a wrong way to win fights if you look clumsy...
Was that bum named Peralta, Ribalta or Mavrovic perhaps? Foreman as the far more proven guy is the favorite by default and deserves to be too,...
The impression was definitely this, but counting r-b-r I am not sure. Pernell made Oscar miss, but too often left it there
Judah showed Nady that he was alright right after he rose though. I heard he said 'Shall you share the next dance'
Has there ever been a case where a fighter is able to continue after a double knockdown?
I wouldn't call it early, especially not 'terrible'. Judah went berserk but he was in no position to judge it, plus the fact that the round was...
I am with D&M on this one. Toughness in boxing is about the ability to face adversity, to retain composure, sometimes to change tactics during...
Separate names with a comma.