It was an 8-4 fight. I wouldn't call it a clinic although Ward was clearly the better and I grew to like him
Because 1) Without radical consequences such as these the fat cats of AIBA will never change. 2) Olympics hasn't been a place to display young...
Entertaining sure, if you like to see an old boxer beat up a hapless can
Nothing has been confirmed yet, but plans have been made. The reason apparently is the corruption and the protectionism of AIBA. Would be good...
"I was just trolling you guys"
So fat nothing suggests that Floyd would KO him, so Floyd 9-3 or so
Imo fighter who loses the first round and blows his opponent away in three does not look like shit, usually
If we accept that ggg wasn't in his prime against Canelo, then I don't think Jacobs fight is a good case since it was his last one before Canelo....
Two judges had it 106-103 for Gassiev, same as I, the third had 105-104 which is plausible too
Wlad should have finished Joshua but he was too old to seize the moment
Nice to see a guy winning a fight in old-fashioned way, pacing himself, blocking punches, not wasting his own and going for the finish
Holy shit, do you see other threads?
Brutal finish Gassiev is probably too slow to threaten Usyk's victory but damn is he a hard man
Seems like Gassiev's professional skill is prevailing over Dorticos' superb physical talent. Not quite the shootout expected but very good...
Might be a fight that looks different to the ringside and TV. Dorticos is more active and probably hits harder but doesn't seem to get through...
To me Dorticos more so, if someone. Gassiev looks like he knows what he is doing
Gassiev isn't flashy but he blocks well. Dorticos is quick but loops a bit with his punches. Still, the Cuban works more
After two, Dorcticos controlling it but burning a lot of energy. When Gassiev hits he lands
This should be explosive
Very likable fighter against a guy who is easy to hate. Terrel was Henry Akinwande with less sharpness but more guts and thus a difficult octopus...
This is an excellent question and there must be some for me too but I can't come up with one right away. I have missed several good fights but not...
On a sidenote, has there ever been a successful boxing trainer who had grown 'too old'? In team sports there are coaches who remain at the top to...
Thanks for the interesting read.
Of course. My point was that it wasn't an elimination tournament where the mental pressure was highest for one single game
Word
This is true, but IMO adding pressures to the equation helps the weaker team more than the favorite, making the surprise bit more possible....
Still, personally I would go with the Fan Man as the event that has been the least expected of them all in boxing. Ron Borges or a cunt like him...
Also, winning a championship of a league is more difficult than winning a tournament. A team playing in 'flow' can surprise bigger teams in single...
What you say is true, but that seems to be the case with Holmes, too. His jab was superb, but he had tough fights against the guys who could...
I do agree, as much as I hate to admit it Also, I would give Lennox a very good chance of beating Ali, for different reasons of course. The fact...
Separate names with a comma.