Last week they were looking for Ivan Drago look-a-likes from Northern Europe, because apparently Creed's son is going to face Drago's son in an...
Ward is best of the group, Calzaghe gives the best fight. Roy wins though so relax
Not a huge change. Pulev is only narrowly better than Takam and Takam has a style that could make the fight somewhat action-packed, although I...
Is this also the case when you REwatch the same bouts?
Thanks for all the great responses guys. This site rocks! I am trying to figure out, why boxing remains rewatchable even after you know the...
Bump. More answers please, this is important
Do you enjoy: the fights of the highest level, with most skill at display? the fights of your personal favorite fighter? the ones that were the...
Of course difficult to define, did Ali have a big punch or not for example. I assume his punch was big enough so that he won't qualify, which also...
I don't think it will be that quick but I agree Eubank should win. He is the faster sharper guy and still unproven, whereas Groves tends to lose...
I think Sly means that this version of Pac is far better than the corpse that Floyd beat and prime for prime Pac is far superior to him, as their...
I'd pick the five Pacquiaos over five De La Hoyas. The 135 lbs De La Hoya would probably KO one on the Pacs though and the 154 Oscar would be the...
Twitter The guy that Kovalev supposedly fears is coming back next month. It would have been fun to see him face Ward. Original and pretty...
Imo so is Golovkin. He lacks Chavez' compact and deadly punching and probably the all-time great chin too
This I agree on. The loss of reputation in this case is bigger than the win or the gain of respect because of the adaptability shown. In this...
How negative would the impact be, in your opinion? Would it be a stain such as 'No Mas' which is always (unfairly) remembered, or something...
Probably true. I just started wondering if guys whose identity is that of an aggressor is 'allowed' to abandon his strategy for victory. If the...
Ok, imagine this: Suppose Julio Cesar Chavez, in the height of his prime and reputation, had been hurt in a fight against Edwin Rosario (or...
I don't think it was accidental, the ref just saw it better than TV spectators.
I don't know if you saw the aftermatch. It seemed like a hasty stoppage after a knockdown, but Yildirim was out of it well over a minute. The ref...
Me and I believe most others in the thread have grown up watching Schwarzenegger's movies so he is difficult to surpass. He made the biggest...
Should he be willing to slug it out against a big puncher though? He did it here as his opponent was much slower. I'd imagine he will rather use...
That was a wicked combo. Seems like some fighters can never get it right, either they are sloppy and reckless or safe-playing pussies but I...
Also if he receives a punch, then we know what Nelson would have done
It could be because they are the largest boxing source too. All medias get it wrong at times, as do us fans
Boytsov is a good shout. Classic case where the guy looked fabulous against scrubs but couldn't beat anyone in top-20 and also preferred coke over...
Name fighters who have gotten the most praise from the boxing media and delivered the least. When Mount Whitaker KOed Oleg Maskaev, he became...
This is very true. Greco-Roman wrestlers are in fantastic physical shape, it is just different type of stamina compared to boxers. Floyd would be...
Can I pull a Slystaff and not actually participate but tell you afterwards that I made extremely accurate picks?:cool:
:rolleyes:
Or, their sport requires different type of athleticism. It is very hard to compare since almost all sports are so much more about definitive...
Separate names with a comma.