Yeah, God fucked Holyfield's career up pretty bad in the end. Holy should have changed trainers
Surprisingly enough, I pick Vitaly. I think the usage of his left hand is the key to victory here, as he would keep Joe off balance
I disagree. IMO Ward is one of those Hopkins types who doesn't LOOK all that good, but the way he makes all his opponents look is the thing you...
Imo Spence is too unproven to be quite that high, and also the loser of Loma vs Rigo should probably stay in. But a very solid list
It began here Best Defensive Clinic Ever Double used it plenty, in several as obscure situations
I would agree, but I don't think it was a robbery. Classic case where Evander won the first rounds clearly and since there was no dramatic turn,...
Yeah, this is very telling
He did, in fact 99 and half. It is told he responded to all letters he got by himself, barring the last couple of years when his eyesight betrayed...
Shut up
Amazingly long life considering all that he went through
This is very telling
Agreed with both
I can't see how it was anyhow given that Hagler would win by stoppage. He didn't always go for the kill and Canelo seems durable. Hagler would...
All this is very telling
Also, even though it doesn't make sense on logical level, viewers do need the feeling of being part of the crowd. In fact, that is why theatres...
This could be, though the fact that he is 35 now doesn't help either. In his prime he was unproven.
I watched some fights from the 80s recently and Tompkins&Merchant was a fabulous duo back then. Extremely good. Lampley&Merchant was great too,...
One thing about this fight is that the strengths of these two guys are so similar that they struggle with each other. It doesn't mean that...
Canelo won the last three rounds on all cards to save the draw, according to Fightnews
Double L means you try to imply it is OK to not to pull a Mayorga and let your opponent have free shots at you
This. Ingo was dangerous if the opponent came at him, many forget that he beat useful guys such as Eddie Machen and Henry Cooper besides...
I think we absolutely should have rounds scored 10-8 without knockdowns. Dominance should be rewarded over nicking rounds
Clogg has loads of fights recorded on his Betamaz player and he is figuring out a way to move them to his Atari on floppy disks
I believe clogg also uses Altavista for searching and DOS as his operating system because they are closer to 1980s
Yean, Sly hates to talk about Floyd so let's not force him
It is not quite that easy. Floyd was easy to put down but much harder to keep down. Good heavyweights such as Quarry and Bonavena couldn't put a...
Frazier vs Quarry Not a nuclear war but a whitewash
Provodnikov vs Matthysse Matthysse's better skill prevailed, as often is the case
I think Gavilan deserves to be up there. I'd probably replace him with Duran
I agree with Sly in that Canelo is now much more dangerous and powerful than he was, say, four years ago and his wins and losses back then do not...
Separate names with a comma.