True, but if the gloves are legal there is nothing you can do. Some of the cheap brands are so bad that the padding gets removed after one round...
The organizer of the fight decides what gloves are used. Usually there are about five pairs where both can choose from. You are never allowed to...
As a big fan I hate to admit it but I think it is his defining fight
Probably not, but getting slapped by William Joppy clearly weakens Duran's resume IMO
But the thing is, Ali didn't get hit even though he moved straight back. So it was NOT a mistake by him. You can't compare fighters directly like...
Lol. McGregor telegraphs his right hand for like two seconds so that Paulie has the time to put his face in front of it. I hope they do better...
Why?
I have no problem with that thought, rules should be perhaps changed to make that illegal. I just won't continue a discussion with nazi remarks
Fuck off
Let's say Wlad quit against Fury ( I agree) AND Brewster (made-up history). That is two fights in 69. Is that enough to label a guy 'coward'?...
He does get hit but he is also much more aggressive fighter than most technically skilled guys. If he pulled a Floyd, with that footwork he would...
Yeah, Roy Jones is the most athletic succesful fighter ever. Naseem Hamed might have been close to him but there is a clear difference to...
The hype has swallowed Anthony
Agree with Reed that Loma vs Garcia is a 50:50 fight. Lomachenko looks astonishing but Garcia doesn't to much wrong either and he is deadly...
Not possible. Malignaggi is an athlete but McGregor is a fighter and an alpha
In reality, we need to wait for twenty years or so to rate Wlad correctly. Time gives perspective, it blurs the details but sharpens the whole...
Agreed, and it isn't all about imagos either, especially not about ones that are based on imaginary history
I agree. He has the same amount of quitting losses as Frazier, Ali etc pussies and I wouldn't pick them over anyone good
I'd say Chagaev, Byrd (x2), Povetkin and Haye. All guys who at the fight time were the top #1 contenders or very close to it. That isn't epic by...
Chico probably wins after tasting canvas
I didn't say most European fans, I said this opinion is heard in Europe and unlike in US, the opinion is not considered as ridiculous. No need to...
It also includes Germany, Italy, Denmark etc traditional boxing countries. Mind you, Wlad was the first and only heavyweight since Ali and Tyson...
He didn't have it in him to defeat Joshua anymore and after a decade of dominance he has little left to prove. In Europe the boxing fans hail him...
Actually this thread should be in GD but since the guy is an often-seen fighter in MMs, I put it here. I was watching plenty of Curry fights...
Shavers/Bruno/Morrison
I thought about this as I re-read Howard Cosell's book a while ago. Cosell had a hard-on for Sugar Ray and he echoed Ray's thoughts about judges...
I like Arguello way more but I think he was too damn hittable up close, he hardly ever was in an easy fight. To deal with Chavez you had to be...
Garcia vs Loma would be a fantastic fight, as would Garcia vs Crawford. All three are among the best at the moment and yes, also formidable...
Fantastic performance by Garcia, very clinical. Only in this era is getting hit with two left hooks during 12 rounds seen as a weakness
Yeah, obviously he does his best thinking outside the ring
Separate names with a comma.