Sullivan - the first true "Heavyweight Champion"... he was the sport's first great star, boastful and self-promoting, a spectacle and known...
John L Sullivan Jack Johnson Jack Dempsey Benny Leonard Muhammad Ali
Mike Reid, pianist/singer/songwriter of awful country music... former All-Pro defensive tackle
No incorrect Bad Jazz musicians are wanker soloists
Literally the opposite It's the de facto if you don't get it
Well this time it came from a guy that murdered his friend
Bolin is pretty good on "Spectrum" but still perilously close to outright wanking at times
lol I believe it... they grow those dudes on trees down there
Exactly
He's underrated in the sense that he's forgotten because he died young but I never cared much for his playing to be honest... technically good but...
God yes Weekend warrior blooze... the Zeus of the blues lawyers Excellent at his limited milieu but it was just that: limited
Nonsense... you're simply strawmanning my argument... the idea that I'm somehow in lock-step with the retarded old rock establishment that deifies...
You mean he was one of the first shredders (i.e. Guys who aren't good enough to cut it in classical music but know that most dingbat listeners...
A musician's output matters... this is art, not sport Blackmore went for sport 99.9% of the time which is reflected in his catalog
Meaningless anecdote... I've got 50 years of evidence that he was a mindless proto-technician
For sheer maudlin, saccharine awfulness, it's tough to top "Wind Beneath My Wings"
Sacrilege
Richie Blackmore has had 50 years to "register" something and in that time has managed to "register" about 1/1000th of what Hendrix registered in...
Beautiful
No he wasn't... he was a solid top ten guy at welterweight for several years
Mike Tyson... I was aware of boxing before him of course... anybody my age knew of Sugar Ray Leonard, Boom Boom Mancini etc but he exploded onto...
Here's a spoiler for the topic starter: COPS WILL SHOW UP AT YOUR DOOR AND SIEZE YOUR HARD DRIVE, FINDING ALL...
Oh, aye I'm in favor of it
All great choices but there are many more candidates Philly Joe Jones Louis Bellson Tony Williams Art Blakey Papa Jo Jones Roy Haynes Some...
But it IS...
It's like my argument with Mustard regarding Faggot Blackmore vs Jimmy Page One guy is an empty headed egotist whose guitar holds nothing but...
Exactly... he was a virtuoso but he didn't have many ideas, he's a guy to listen to as an exercise in jaw-dropping technique ... gimme a Duke...
Agree and the only guy that can make Tatum fast sound good is Tatum You know who absolutely detested Peterson's playing? Miles
Yup... Duke is basically inescapable as an influence for about 75% of all jazz made after 1935 or so but Monk was especially influenced by Duke's...
I believe you are correct... Ellis was great because he had almost a twang to his playing... I bet Denny Dias listened to a lot of Herb Ellis
Separate names with a comma.