A myth. A silly myth at that. Tszyu did win his share of firefights (remember Hurtado?) and against Phillips heart had little to do with it as...
50:50. Manny proved to be the greater of these two greats, but at 126 he was a relentless aggressor, not the calculating, moving fighting machine...
I have seen about three fights from both so my pick is not on the most solid ground but I would go with Baer. Williams had an ability to throw...
Tszyu is very underrated these days, but seeing how good Manny has looked at 140 and up I have to pick him. Tszyu could be hit with straight...
And hits like a horse kicks? Sorry :kidcool:
Me too. Now I am 6'2 and 190 lbs with bigger torso than legs. I have long arms and legs so I still give a kind of lanky impression even though I...
You are the only poster around who not only picks every upcoming fight wrong but every MM wrong too. Hearns wins a clear decision but he would not...
Holyfield - Tyson was a joke of a choise. Personally I would also remove all fights including Mickey Ward or Arturo Gatti, barring maybe Gatti-Ruelas
We didn't see Manny enough at lightweight to know his capabilities there. It seems that the speed difference is very important for him: he can...
The reason I made this topic (since people are convinced I have an agenda) is that this part of boxing started to trouble me one day. My second...
That we have to disagree on too. Granted, Vitali has not fought great opponents, but he has fought about ten guys who have been ranked to top-10...
Moorer himself had "only" a bit over 30 fights in heavyweight. Even though you can call Byrd and Tua as stepping stone victories, apart from...
Which Liston's opponents do you think were on Vitali's level, if some were? Machen, Valdez, Folley, Patterson, Williams? I mean that is a solid...
That is true, but styles mean more than anything in here. Ike would never outbox Holyfield, but Moorer never slugged for 12 rounds with Tua.
Moorer has become underrated, but in here styles won't suit him at all. A big, seemingly good-chinned guy with a big punch that walks forwards:...
:lol::atu::bears: imho neither Klitshko has won the actual heavyweight title
yes, Holyfield did knock him down as the first guy ever. Though for what I remember Mercer went down on purpose since Holy hurt him and he...
For what I recall there were talks that McCall didn't take his training seriously during his whole championship reign, which lead him to nearly...
What about Fructose? Some veterans of the game might remember him:kidcool:
:bears:very good. I think Moorer - Foreman (underestimating) and Mccall - Bruno (bad preparation) are debatable, but apart from those I agree with all
I had Camacho winning a close decision
Worst ones are the much-used ones like Bull, Hammer etc. One all-time worst was "A Ghost With a Hammer In His Hand" Jimmy Wilde. A nickname that...
To answer the question I asked. Surely it can't be that difficult to figure out :dunno:
How on earth can you call Vitali immobile? His footwork looks clumsy yes, but in reality his movement is among the best ever in heavyweight. He...
Yes but the difference is they have trained against such guys while Liston was used to fight guys of his size or usually shorter. And no, before...
Another factor that is relevant here, which has to do with height, is that Liston would have to throw every punch about eight inches higher than...
Foreman -Frazier is a good pick. I think a case could be made that Spinks was mentally beaten beforehand (not that it would have mattered)
Name occasions where heavyweight title has changed hands without any kind of excuse for the losing side. Meaning the loser has not been past...
Right. So this fight will probably end in a draw by simultaneous quit where both have injured their shoulders, Vitali has a deep cut and Liston...
Camacho has a fight booked in Denmark soon
Separate names with a comma.