Superior power wouldn't help Tito since he would not catch Manny. In toe to toe combat Tito was awesome but his footwork was poor and Manny's...
If he was tested during training seasons, maybe he would have been caught. Not saying he uses anything, just that testing after fights is useless
Agreed, though change skill level to speed. Marquez and Morales could match Pac's speed and counter him effectively, but against these bigger guys...
More examples why old-timers and modern guys just can not be compared. Guys like Henry Armstrong lost several fights before becoming champions,...
Did he really dominate 7 weight classes?
:cheer:I'll do it. Can I criticize levitation as a training technique, or is that going too far?
If this had been Pacquiao's first fight at almost-welterweight, it would be him without a question. However now he was a real, full-sized fighter...
I think his point was that either we count the title belts or not but not both ways around. Hatton and Barrera were true champions and Pac beat...
Four belts or seven, it shouldn't matter. Belts have lost their meaning and what we should consider now is the level of opponents he has beaten...
Hell no. For four rounds yes, but for the last seven and 1/3 it was one-way traffic. Greatest performance of the year could be close though
I disagree with this. Manny put so much hurt on Cotto because he landed flush so often and Miguel could not see his punches coming. Duran was more...
Who has declared Mayweather or Tyson GOAT? Jones must be up there if we compare the success against your own timers - ranked career-wise nobody...
You are correct, Duran was the better version of Cotto in nearly every aspect and thus he would win as I said. But because of styles Duran would...
I am stunned if anybody gives a shot at Manny. The thing is, even if people do recognize that a modern guy is an all-time great, it takes years...
Looking back to that, it becomes more and more obvious that Manny was still a developing talent in that fight. He didn't have nearly the...
For a modern fighter it is impossible to crack top 20, but if Pac retires tomorrow and we wait twenty years, then he will be top 5. The all-time...
Duran wins but not nearly as easily as PacMan. Pacquiao's speed and accuracy killed Cotto, Duran's humping wouldn't be nearly as dramatic
Pacquiao by decision, 117-111, 117-111 and 115-113 from the judges
I think this is pretty typical for athletes who want to be the best in the world and especially fighters. The day when they admit they are not,...
Actually I think he peaked at super-feather. Granted, there were no great fighters back then but very solid opponents anyways and Floyd beat them...
:cheer:
For the tradition:hammert:
At light-heavyweight? Who? And who of them were ranked above Dariusz?
It does go both ways and I do think Dariusz is as much to blame for the fight not happening. I think it just hurts Jones more because he has so...
You are correct. Jones looked better against those guys. His style is more eye-catching than Dariusz' and he is clearly the better fighter too....
If you play the Gonzalez card, then you should also consider Johnson-ROy, because Dariusz was clearly old, worn and had plenty of weak...
I agree. I don't know what happened there (I haven't heard anybody suing him for example) but that is a shitty thing to do. I am not sure how it...
I wrote one article to Fightbeat and it was not published. I would like to have another try.
We have to understand Tyson. He had a tough childhood
All those ducked Tszyu, for a good reason I must say
Separate names with a comma.