Romanticized take. In real world wrong style often overcomes the correct one, especially when the physical difference is this big
I couldn't think of a good new thread, so I'll help BOSS' attempt to create some action here by bumping this one. You are welcome
bump
Earlier in their careers Vitali would have won. Right now I'd favor Wlad, he has developed a concept that is very hard to beat. Wlad would force...
John Ruiz - Bounced back from the Tua defeat to become a champion that was admired and respected by all
Klitshko-Haye drew bigger headlines at newspapers over here than perhaps anything since Lewis-Tyson, apart from fights including Finns. Too bad...
lol@fighting scared. Lewis won every round apart possibly the first and had no trouble whatsoever so he fought pretty damn well. If he had...
Lewis 9 out of 10
I think Muhammad takes it, but it would be close
Cool. So where besides boxing could Floyd be great and successful? Wrestling? Golf? Lap dancing? Painting? This sounds like an interesting theory
Could you name some other thing which would have made Floyd this rich (that is, before he burned his money) and famous, had he taken it up. Golf?...
No, the guy is in his 40s or so and with no actual boxing skill. It doesn't matter if the #10 in the world is Jerry Quarry or Kevin Johnson since...
Not IMO. People only remember the ridiculous 1st round of that fight but in fact in 3rd round or so Hakkar settled down and actually tried. He...
yes
The first two to pop into my mind Effort: Zeljko Mavrovic None effort: Audley Harrison
Arguello-Oliveras Two legends and an excellent fight with several twists on its plot, but not much talk about it. Probably because it gets...
Yes. With hundred tries, Ali's concentration in the ropes would have lapsed at least once for a moment too long and Foreman would have landed...
Career-wise it has to be Chavez by at least two chest and one back hairs
Thinking this way there is nothing definitive, since one person can always argue against the grain. What this actually means is Is it commonly...
I think what makes Holy-Tucker somewhat interesting is the fact that Holyfield didn't shine against 40+ Foreman and Holmes although he beat both...
Continuing in the lines of recent thread and willing to see more people pissed. Again, bet 100 $ for the underdog with best chance. Hopefully a...
It is poor. Nobody in MMA could receive a simple long pass in football field
Of course! I was talking about STYLE ONLY, not that Fast Fres had an actual chance of pulling it off. You guys make it sound as if I predicted...
I could also see guys like Holmes, Lewis etc beating Frazier without pushing him back. Relax, I am not picking Oquendo here, I meant this as a...
Yes, movement, clinching ability, jab and some pop, is a very good STYLE to beat Frazier. The problem is, Fres does none of this very well, not...
:lol: Actually he was Rudy Clay before becoming Rahman Ali, if that rings a bell:lol:
Ok, so here are four mythical mismatches between a heavyweight legend and a one-time contender. All these would end at least 98 times out of 100...
Whiskey's offer was better so I think I have to go with that. Sorry
Actually it was spelled GOOFi or something of those lines, to make it even worse. When he was still Mount he outpointed Barret, The Ring wrote...
Separate names with a comma.