Cool, then we agree. I just understood your original post very differently
Your whole post says Briggs was 'linear' champion, which we knew already, and you expressed the ideal that linear is the same as 'true'. I was...
So you did see Foreman-Grimsley being THE fight for the crown while Holy-Tyson was just a scrap between contenders, correct?
Mainstream in the sense that more people saw championship fights, but overall knowledge was worse, since some fighters (such as Liston) had...
Before Internet era yes, but there were several boxing magazines, people traded tapes, newspapers even over here actually wrote about boxing. On...
I think there is a difference, since back in Dempsey's days the world was different and few cared about such thing as equal rights. In Patterson...
Boxing is much more like tennis these days. There are several titles, big and small, you can win but none of them alone makes you the best. Some...
I hope The Ring does the right thing and releases Silver, Interim and Fedecentro titles
What is your take on Ferguson?
If you deny this, you simply don't know boxing. I can't understand how much this guy is hated on this forum. Boogieman was the full package, he...
Duran would have won, I mean if the ring had been the correct one, if he had trained, I mean really trained, if the ref had not been on Lewis'...
Agreed, Duran was not very good so let's look him some softer opposition:dancingBaby:
I'd like to point out that Norris would be the greatest fighter Duran ever fought
Trying to impress Buddy, huh?:atu:
Pryor and Tszyu, also I enjoyed the two Locche fights I have seen
Those crisp hooks still look impressive indeed. After his era, inside fighting developed a lot (Louis was the pioneer while many of his contenders...
Yeah, if my favorite heavyweights ever include Ali and Holmes that sure does sound like a plausible conclusion. Different people can like...
Look Hatton - Pac for starters. I mean, this bout wouldn't remind that one at all, but it is a nice KO to rewatch
And as you and I both know, that's the only real way to compare them head to head since p4p fights don't exist. Another approach could be who is...
"Same size" p4p fights are idiotic, but Hearns was clearly the superior fighter
Remember he used the wink emoticon. That, or the popcorn one, give the right to say anything, unless it is what you just said
This Duran bullshit is flooding all the threads, shut up already you haters! Oh, and "Ali pulled a miracle comeback against Foreman" - in truth,...
Lacy had a good chin and he could box although too often he forgot about it and went for attack. If he stayed calm and boxed behind his jab, I...
Ward would have a slim chance
mmm, no I don't think I did. Though the only argument I can make is that I don't rewatch that fight often
I hardly ever rewatch his fights, apart from Lewis and Holy I
What if the hawk has a better chin compared to the cobra?
Would the fight be in a clown ring?
I actually did matchmaking once and, from the order of the promoter, I actually contacted a Romanian guy and asked for three crappy guys for the...
In Europe four round scrubs make about 500 euros (700 dollars) for a fight, at least the fighters from poor countries (Latvia, Lithuania and...
Separate names with a comma.