Perhaps, but if you actually read what the thread asks, it is Would you have more respect for Shane if he tried then quit? So the questions...
Right. So when I give my opinion, just as the thread says, it is 'trying to be clever'. I'm sorry if they are not simple enough for you
I don't know if we can ever tell for real if a fighter did his absolute best or not, that's why I don't really go there. Thus, the fact that Shane...
I don't see the big difference really. In this case too we have a definitive result that leaves nothing to speculate: Manny totally dominated...
It seems I wasn't Obvious enough of a Captain, since you misunderstood me. I would not think any differently of Mosley if he had made a futile...
No difference. Both lead to the same result eventually. It would have made for a more entertaining fight, but that is not something Mosley should...
Good point. Releasing the weigh-in photos might cause violent outbursts among the Mosley believers
Exactly. It is very different from Eastwoods earlier work, Once Upon A Time In West and other classics but the difference is the whole point of...
Dude, Tom Johnson was a 62 round fighter!
DLH-Mosley is easily the best fight, but the only one I have rewatched more than once is Manny-Cotto
Word. Maybe next we should whine about cartoons because they are unrealistic too
I pick Oscar as well. His chin was very solid and he could do damage to Jackson too. Since that aspect is fairly even, it could come down to who...
True, but what I meant is that for this reason saying that Battling Nelson would defeat Pernell Whitaker straight up is even more silly than it is...
I think it is an improvement since such a size advantage could decide a fight
And they would have every right to laugh, if by then boxing techniques have changed dramatically and lightweight of that era outweight recent...
Mainly because according to other sources of that day and what videos seem to confirm. Which is that boxing technique back then was so inferior...
Rather to those who know Jeffries only from history books. Youtube has burst plenty of bubbles of the past. Watching the tapes it becomes...
Lies. He lost four out of first six in DLH I and was visibly bothered by the bigger man, yet he came back to win
This.
No. You are wrong. There has never been Karate Kid III. Understood? It never happened!
This thread makes all the years I have spent here worth it
Hilary is the new Karate Kid whom Mr Miyagi coaches, she has pretty big role in the movie.
The Swank version is Karate Kid III. Genius is correct, there has never been another movie that could be called that even though it has been...
This would be a one sided beating in favor of Leonard
Spinks KO3
The new version is actually a bit better as a movie, but the thing is, the original was something new when it came and thus it is part of pop...
The only wants that I like to see remade are the ones based on novel that can be interpret in many ways. For example Running Man could be done...
Of course not, but I could see a fight with lots of waiting and couple of heated exchanges every now and then, and Manny with his straight punches...
Tszyu wins. He was the greater fighter
Don't you think Leonard was 1000 times the fighter Hopkins ever was?
Separate names with a comma.