Yes, exactly this
Under the London Prize Ring Rules, that were used before Queensberry's, each round lasted until one of the fighters went down, so one round can...
There is no real logic behind it, as I said, it is the feeling you (I) get. Watching welterweights it feels that there is plenty of power and...
My point being, if we had NBA for guys under 5'7, we would see in many senses much better games and better athletes than now. These smaller guys...
Meet the Spartans Date Movie Epic Movie etc
Kick Ass started great. It didn't quite hold up to the end but even so it was an entertaining and fun parody
This has zero ground. Not only is your theory very stretched, it is based on a thought that there is one correct way of boxing and one correct way...
Open scoring could work if judges were allowed to give 10-8 rounds against passive fighters
True. Bonavena 's best ability was to take a beating, and he would
True, but at that time nobody thought Vitali would achieve this much. And had Lewis blasted him out in a rematch, he probably wouldn't have I...
See above. All the aesthetic dimensions are on lighter weight's side, it is just the knowledge about the real world that does it for me. I like...
The criteria to me is whether or not the athlete is good enough. This is the same reason I'd never watch women's football or basketball: yes,...
Correct. That doesn't make the midget worth watching though
I disagree with Sly's principal. Boxing is a sport first and foremost and in all sports, even the basic ones such as running, jumping or whatever,...
Lewis won everything possible in his career and earned enough money for the rest of his life so he had no reason to continue. Also, even defeating...
No, it was you who understood it wrong on purpose. The similarity is that even though both count as legitimate victories, they do not prove that...
Please start trying to discuss properly
No. Do you hate East Europeans, Joe?
No more foolish than comparing cuts to KOs
Because you can count their ribs and defeat them via punt
Cuts are like bad decisions. Yes, they give you a legit win but they don't prove your superiority the way knockouts do. Everybody without an...
I haven't watched midgets enough to care nor to make a proper pick. The reason I responded to this thread was to get Jake excited and then...
Yes, but Ali clearly lacked several boxing fundamentals
Disagreed. Think of Hagler-Hearns. The cut that Hagler received would have made many refs/doctors to stop the fight, in fact it was pretty much a...
And that is because Ali is bigger, correct? Since Jones is faster and has more all-around skills
Come on, you know the difference. Even though the win is legit, if a fighter wins on cuts, it is difficult to make a pick in a rematch based on...
Rocky IV Missionary Man
This is a take I never really understood. Yes, Vitali hit Lewis hard and Lewis didn't go anywhere, but that does not mean he would have stopped...
So are you saying that the bigger guy automatically wins?
I watched two famous movies this week. On The Waterfront starring Marlon Brando from 1954 and Black Swan starring Natalie Portman. Both these...
Separate names with a comma.