This is your criteria? :lol: There can be a reasonable debate over the DLH-Whitaker/Quartey fights...both the overall fight and specific...
You should be ridiculed for statemtns like "I can't see any argument that can be made that he lost those fights". Franklyk, I'm surprised...
But you're leaving out plenty of other factors, such how a fighter can have diminished/diminishing physical abilities, but learn how to compensate...
I don't think that's valid. David Reid had just as long a prime as anybody else from the '96 Olympic squad.
You just have to :lol: when he makes statements like that. The real thread question should have been...what if all these fights were 10 rounders.
You mean Atlas was taking advantage of the fact that he has a television outlet stateside in order to tell the story the way he wants to, while...
Maybe give him a nice motivational speech in the corner. Teddy hasn't been in the corner of a big heavyweight fight in a while, he's probably...
He said this on Boxingtalk:
Atlas' reputation as a trainer? I wasn't aware that it was all that good to begin with....he road Steward's coattails to a heavyweight title...
Did it just hit cable? I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. The stories of Christopher McCandless, and Timothy Treadwell, certainly make for...
Either that, or someone mentioned Oxnard as the top of the food chain.
...to follow in the footsteps of Shannon Briggs and Michael Grant. From BoxingScene: Teddy Atlas in Russia Evaluating Alexander Povetkin...
Is he still active? I thought he retired.
I think a lot of it is the placement of his chin.
Speaking of which, hopefully someone can provide the text of the entire interview so we can parse every word like it's Shakespeare.
It's a natural thing for promoters nowadays. Gary Shaw basically answers questions for his fighters.
And Shane was telling him where he could buy a shirt like his.
This is Steve Forbes' thoughts on the fight (as reported by Michael Marley, BoxingConfidential)...
Jake's got a pretty good article outlining what we could have been watching on HBO this summer. http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=20623
Speaking of Sturm, a report by Rick Reeno on BoxingScene is saying HBO's only offering $2 million for Pavlik-Sturm, putting the fight in...
Showtime has two other cards, I think, with Darchinyan-Agbeko on July 11th and and Marvin Quintero-Tyrone Harris the ngiht before the...
If there's something to be pissed about it's that the next HBO card isn't until August 22nd...and it's Juan Diaz-Paulie Malignaggi.
I don't know that anyone's pissed about the fight. I thought going in that it was one of the best match-ups HBO's had all year...and was in...
I wonder if they'd put Juan Diaz in with Ortiz.
Does that mean you're seeing Barrera next for Ortiz?
And that undoubtedly hurt his feelings.
Regarding the match-making, I think part of the problem is Ortiz hadn't really been in a lot of tough fights...especially recently. He rarely...
Vazquez had been in wars at the championship level prior to that fight.
Well, maybe unless you fight for Golden Boy. He'll probably be matched with some feather-fists for a while, so we might not find out what he...
Not to mention HBO...Berto nearly lost, Angulo lost, Kirkland was arrested, Ortiz stopped. Hell of a year for their new "legends". Time to...
Separate names with a comma.