I think the only reason they made that fight was because they knew it was probably the last pay day they could milk out of MAB. People talk...
I think that may have also been the last full-scale Closed Circuit fight. That was really the end of an era in boxing.
He's been a pro for little over a year and has fought less thatn 25 rounds as a professional, yet he's already ranked in the top ten and fighting...
Well, the problem with him is that he was at his best at light fly but most of his fights against top opponents - and he fought a lot of them -...
Lennox is a popular guy these days. I've been to a few BAD shows and Lennox always gets fans coming up to him or calling his name out when he...
It seems like a strange location, but perhaps we'll see if Berto can bring some Florida fans up to the FedEx. I guess once Salita-Santana fell...
On the bright side, you might be able to catch both this card and Abraham-Miranda II on tv.
I completely agree about the outdoor venues. The Home Depot Center has become the primary outdoor venue. There used to be a lot of fights...
I thought the location of this was changed to Memphis.
Didn't they also end up putting the remainder of the Klitschko-Rahman card there after that fight was cancelled? The Orleans looked like they...
You couldn't pay me to go there in the summer, though.:lol: Weren't they saying it well beyond 100 that day?
Exactly. Mir is still one of the bigger names in the UFC (he's going to be a coach on the next TUF) and he only got $40,000 w/ a $40,000 bonus...
If only Steve Johnston was still around.:lol:
There must be a significant Filipino population in Vancouver for Arum to have entertained the idea of having that fight in Vancouver. I...
The closest that's come was the "talk" of Pacquiao fighting in Vancouver.
That was my reaction when I first read this:
I can't say I've read anything other than this from Iole on MMA, but seeing as he's a boxing guy I doubt he knows much if anything other than what...
I think he misspoke, the "fully erect" part was Alabama describing himself thinking about DLH's size.
Too much free time today, I guess.:lol:
Cotto heading West for big Vegas bout By GREG BEACHAM, AP Sports Writer 55 minutes ago Margarito-Cotto a match worth making Miguel Cotto’s...
Don't tell that to Jeff Lacy. Poor guy's still shell-shocked from twelve rounds of that slight breeze.:lol:
I think not taking the Taylor rematch was probably his worst mistake. Maybe not as much as Sergio Mora not taking the Taylor fight (:lol:) but...
This was inspired by the press releases talking about the upcoming Wednesday Night Fights at the "renowned" Hard Rock Cafe in Time Square. For...
I'd like to see Winky in the ring again, but sometimes he's been his own worst enemy when it comes to the business of boxing outside the ring....
I pretty much agree. Cotto-Margarito looks like it will probably end up being the fight I look forward to the most for the rest of the year....
That whole situation was a joke, where they split the HBO and Showtime crews, with Lampley and Czyz on the live call...though for the most part I...
I didn't think he deserved a majority decision and I'm pretty confident Angulo beats him....maybe handily.
It's no more irrelevent than Kellerman's or media scorecards written in columns. It's an opinion/view of a fight...just as the rest of the crew...
Punch stats don't tell you the effectiveness of the punch...they don't tell you where a punch landed, how cleanly it landed, or what force/impact...
That was clever?:dunno:
Separate names with a comma.