Good. I'd hate to think that I really liked Samuel Peter as a fighter or anticipated watching him fight.
Vitali's age, injuries and lack of activity is the only reason I'd give Peter a shot...not exactly a selling point for me on the fight.
What I meant was that for the World Championship Boxing/Pay Per Views (main events, primarily), he was better then than he is now. He was...
You're more interested in Peter-Klitschko than Klitschko-Povetkin? I found Peter-Maskaev to be almost unwatchable at times the way they slogged...
For smaller fights I can agree to some extent. But for the bigger fights, I think he got worse.
Disagree. Without Merchant's scorecards, you'd basically just have Lederman's card as the only unofficial scorecard on HBO. Punch stats are...
I'm not talking about one's during the summer (like Cotto-Margarito and Abraham-Miranda II). I mean the one's talked about for the one's in...
I like his scorecards better than Lampley's punch stats.
Apples to oranges. You can't limit it to big HBO cards or pay per views, because boxing cards (including ppv's) are usually sold on one fight...
I completely disagree that Merchant was boring, but even if you think that, he had the smallest role on the HBO broadcast team. Lampley is the...
Morales says he wants to come back to, though not til next year. If he'd spaced out his tough fights in his career like Barrera did, he'd...
Lampley just likes to be on tv and near celebrities, IMO. He brings nothing to the role except his cheering. Merchant is at least somewhat...
You were probably factoring in that he'd already added the obligatory inch, so you were likely correct the first time.
He has retired. He says he wants to come back this year though.
Lampley is atrocious, IMO. Foreman? What year is this? :lol: Max isn't all that knowledgeable...and sometimes when he thinks he is (like...
:lol: Well said. ESPN boxing suffers because most of their fights aren't great and their commentating isn't either. There's hardly any...
Probably not as much as you do.
Just saw these numbers (viewers) for some HBO shows this year: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Sultan Ibragimov: 1.8 million Joe Calzaghe vs. Bernard...
According to Mike Marley he'll be on the broadcasts when Teddy Atlas is unavailable. He will be on this week's broadcast of Chris Byrd-Shaun...
:popcorn:
Really? I haven't seen Lorenzo but I figured he'd at least be a lock against Marquez (who can't even beat Bronco McKart these days).
He's a bit like Valuev in that regard. If a fighter doesn't put a lot on their punches they can undoubtedly throw more of them and Williams...
I was checking the price tag on the tv schedule the other day and the Mijares-Munoz card was $30, and the Arce card was $35. It's incredible...
I can't agree with that.
That term is over-used.
This card sorta reminds me of a Night of the Young Heavyweights card...and a bit of a reflection of the state of boxing (and the heavyweight...
It'll be Gonzalez's fourth fight since the Penalosa knockout. I can't believe Pastrana is still fighting. It's been over a decade since he...
Yeah, they're roster was basically depleted with Gatti and Vargas retiring. They still have Julio and Lorenzo but they're hardly relevent...
He says he still wants to fight and plans to return in September.
He's just trying to convince himself Pacquiao has a chance against him.
Separate names with a comma.