He hasn't shown if he's made the necessary steps to beat an elite fighter, that's the whole point. He hasn't fought an elite fighter since Tarver.
I used "predicated" to begin with. The line was "His defense was predicated on his speed, so yeah, it's a big deal when he slows down." How...
I never said speed was his only defensive trait. I said his defense was predicated on it...his defense was based on his ability to see, react,...
Speed and reaction. You can call it reflexes as well. It was based on his natural ability.
You didn't point out anything regarding Roy Jones, you carefully selected a fighter with speed not named Roy Jones. But thanks for the generic...
I didn't say every fighter's defense is predicated on speed. But Roy's was. He also relied on getting his opponent's respect by hitting them...
His defense was predicated on his speed, so yeah, it's a big deal when he slows down. Trnidad had more success against Jones in 2008 at 170...
Why even mention Jones's prime? It's completely irrelevent to the discussion. As is Gatti.
You can end this any time you want by not replying. Jones is a better defensive fighter at this point in his career? If you say so. Hanshaw...
Jones backed up to the ropes, and just put his hands in front of his face and if Hanshaw had the ability he could have taken more advantage of it....
Calzaghe uses angles too well for Pavlik and he's much lighter on his feet than Pavlik, or an opponent of his like Taylor, and he made Miranda...
You forgot he also doesn't move his head.:lol: j/k
I think Calzaghe would make Pavlik look very slow and plodding. Pavlik relies on walking opponents down and his long reach because his punches...
He's entertained that fight. He's also been linked to talks with Jermain Taylor, which Dibella has wanteds to make later this year. Neither...
Hanshaw is a B or C level fighter. Just because he could deal with some of what Hanshaw brought, and I don't think he did as well as you seem to...
I think he should probably retire now, as well. He's undefeated and he is slowing down and he's proven just about all of his doubtes wrong...
Well, making him miss and then mixing in an uppercut every once in a while could help.
You watched it that many times and didn't think he left himself very available against the ropes? Then we saw two different fights. Jones...
Watch the Hanshaw fight again. He did it continuously. Trinidad is much easier to fight against, because he doesn't have nearly the...
This news according to Steve Kim. The meeting was requested by Bob Arum, who wants to stage Cotto-Margarito in Las Vegas (at the MGM Grand),...
But when Jones goes to the ropes and covers up, he leaves himself open for a lot of punches. His defense may be reminiscent of Winky's in how he...
Parts of the first Taylor fight, particularly late, were exciting. But overall...maybe the first Echols fight, or Johnson, or Mercardo.
It sounded like he was ready to retire after the fight. I think he delayed his ultimate retirement for more financial security and the fact...
Pavlik isn't capable of landing the same kind of right hand Hopkins did, IMO, and he doesn't fight the same way. Hopkins was backing up all night...
I thought Hopkins was tiring before he found time to rest. Not sure how the fight woulda played out otherwise, but I thought Hopkins looked...
Pretty much.
It was funnier when you tried harder.
How did Klitschko end up doing against Rahman? I guess a fighter has to follow what his body tells him.
DLH's been out of his prime for years, and mentally/emotionally I think he's far gone from it. Hopkins and Calzaghe still have their minds...
I agree with that. I think its a little similar to the way Evander Holyfield aged. He can't fight the entire round like he used to, but he uses...
Separate names with a comma.