I don't know about the Fall, that would mess up Hopkins' one-fight-a-year plan. But I do have a sense they'll fight again, eventually.
I don't know that he was shot, but if Roy Jones Jr. gets a "pass" for his performance after dropping weight to fight Tarver, then Tarver should...
I actually liked that aspect of Lewis.
That's true. It was the Fernely Feliz fight that convinced Lewis he wanted nothing of the Quiet Man.
Well, Kessler did tag him a few really good shots in the fourth ...some uppercuts, if I remember correctly, that seemed to buzz Calzaghe pretty...
You're really in love with your checklsts, but regardless of what you think your checklist shows, I think Cotto's stamina and attrition will be...
The option at the time wasn't Lewis or Holyfield. There was no set opponent when Bowe decided to dump the belt. Lewis was the mandatory at...
Yeah, I have a feeling that given the way things are with Mayweather, Cotto may be looking at one or more rematches himself...with Margarito, or...
He beat Gatti two rounds faster than the great Carlos Baldomir did.:lol: :laughing:
I don't know that I'd pick Wright, but he's one of only about two good "contenders" at the moment in what is a pretty shallow division.
Carlos Bojorquez-Pernell Whitaker
Winky's turned down more big fights than most fighters get a sniff at. Regardless, I'd love to see Pavlik-Wright, but as Joony said, Arum hates...
Maybe Manny just wanted to get back to his real job - next to Jim and Larry - quicker. Why delay the inevitable?
Speaking of Andrade, Margarito must have a chin made out of the same material because both those guys can just absorb punches.
The first thing that comes to mind is that neither really looks like they've just been in a fight. The second thing that comes to mind is it's...
It's not just that Mayweather's come up with excuses, it's that his dance schedule is already basically laid out for the rest of this year and...
Well, maybe if he had Max Kellerman setting him up it would've worked better.:lol: Mayweather: the "champion" of the best division in boxing...
I'm pretty sure Cotto's already called him out. Not sure if he's done it in English yet, though.
I know it was a unification, but Spinks had no real fan base or following at that point. The IBF was a discounted belt at the time. It was...
I never really understood why Ricardo Mayorga-Cory Spinks was made. Granted, it was a unification and an easy fight for King to make, but...
I may be splitting hairs, it's just that your opinion of Cotto seemed much lower before last night's fight than it is after.
Yeah, Clottey would seem to a bad match-up for Judah. It will be interesting to see what happens with the IBF title now. Presumably, Margarito...
I'm not disputing whether a fighter can change and develop under a new program. I'm questioning whether or not this was an example of it. To...
Dan Rafael reports it's already a done deal for September 27th, provided he beats Lockett. -"Arum, in Atlantic City promoting Saturday night's...
Saw this advertised on Showtime. So, if you've missed any of the three fights, want to introduce some new fans to the sport, or just think...
Have to give British fighters credit in one respect, recently they've come over here for a number of big fights/tough tests. Particularly...
I haven't seen any links yet, may not be up til tommorrow.
And like those other names, he also talks a good game in the pre-fight and that's partly why the hype exceeds to talent/ability and why he gets...
The bids are based in some part on how a fight's expected to sell, and Cotto is a much more proven attraction at MSG, and the ticket sales of...
The funniest part was Tarver calling Dawson a wounded duck and then saying he'd like to fight him. Where was that talk before this fight?
Separate names with a comma.