I was at I and III. I traveled down from the Bay Area for both and I'm aware of just how great that trilogy was and what kind of class was on...
Casmayor has been around the lightweight limit since he turned pro, he's very natural and very strong at the weight...like Hopkins at...
It looks like a Filipino fan that was too worried about the result of a fight to post on this board until after he heard the decision last weekend...
They're still going to show Hatton-Malignaggi later this year, though.
Yeah, part of it is he comes in without much concern for his chin. It was mentioned in another thread, but there were some real similarities to...
Free webcast on http://www.donkingtv.com/ at 8PM ET/5PM PT Cory Spinks vs. Verno Phillips Devon Alexander vs. Miguel Callist
I would have had no problem had it been stopped then. It looked like the fight was finished at that point, and Schorle was looking very intently...
Boxing After Dark has been a lot better this year with some really good match-ups. Casamayor-Katsidis was a classic cross-roads title fight....
It will be televised live in the afternoon. According to Dan Rafael HBO and Showtime passed on the card and Versus will pay "in the low...
Mayweather-Hatton and Whitaker-Hurtado were both fights that came to my mind after the fight as well. The Katsidis/Hatton comparisons are...
I didn't think he lost either fight, but he fought too many rounds like winning rounds didn't matter.
"Knowing" that a fight is not for rounds is exactly how he lost to Jermain Taylor twice.
Their judges still exist, and so do their decisions. You repudiate the sanctioning bodies and yet slavishly follow the decisions of their...
Exactly my response. It's not necessarily Hatton's height (he's about the same as Katsidis, if not shorter), or strength (Katsidis isn't exactly...
I was at Vazquez-Marquez III, so I'd like to say that fight, but I'd go with Casamayor-Katsidis.
I'd agree with this. Kessler hurt Calzaghe, as well, something that's been forgotten by some since that fight.
Which is why the designation doesn't mean much in 2008. People can watch the fight on television or the internet and make up their own minds.
The lightweight champ hasn't fought since November.:dunno:
Agreed it's a learning experience. But having watched some of Lee, he never looked like "the goods" to me. The problem with prospects is a...
He said he had JMM earlier.
Got anything going tonight? Librado Andrade -430 Robert Stieglitz +340 Michael Katsidis -230 Joel Casamayor...
That may be where he's headed, but he certainly took a difficult route to get there. It would be unfortunate, because I think he has a very...
I think HBO was only going to show Lee highlights, anyway...because of the Mosley-Judah replay. I like it when there's two cards on the same...
Rees almost KD'd by right hand. His legs were gone...a few more punches and ref steps in. It was a left that didn't land clearly but put his...
Rd. 11 clearly to Kotelnik. Just lands the much cleaner punches. Good left hook early and right hand. In control most of the way. Rees'...
Another very good round, 10, for Kotelnik again. Some uppercut in close, and left hooks...Kotelnik might've tripled with it at one point....
Rd to Kotelnik. Rees, as usual, better early but Kotelnik comes on strong. Some really nice left counters...Rees doesn't protect himself when he...
Left to body by Kotelnik. Crumpled over a bit. Huge rd. 8 for Kotelnik. Really good work in close.
Rd 7, Rees closer round. Rees did some really nice body work with both hands...and maintained it better. Dr. looking cut over eyelid. Kotelnik...
Rd 6 Kotelnik. Rees started alright, landed some good punches to the body. By the second minute, Kotelnik was in control. Some good one-twos,...
Separate names with a comma.