It's sort of like the debates over the NCAA tournament selection committee...or, dare I say it, Olympic ice skating. :lol:
Arum in the way of Pacquiao-Marquez III?...
I was waiting for it. :lol: Figured I'd add to the b.s. before you start banging your head against the wall.
"who would you rather have been?" Now you're just plagiarizing Max Kellerman.
I'm surprised you wasted your time responding to this rant.
I'd probably have Mayweather, Hopkins and Calzaghe in my top 3 just as I had before the fight. Outside that, Pacquiao, Marquez and Cotto. Not...
He had his scorecard filled out before the fight. It's Alabama Man. He's never seen a Filipino fighter lose a fight. Rey Bautista knocked out...
Some early media scorecards: Kevin Iole, Yahoo: 115-112 Marquez Dan Rafael, ESPN: 114-113 Marquez Darius Ortiz, ESPN: 114-113 Marquez Greg...
You can always find a correct camera angle if look for it. Haven't you seen Snake Eyes?
Not only that, why are the split scores always so symmetrically divergent? 115-112, 112-115 115-110, 110-115 114-111, 111-114
115-112 Marquez. 115-112 Pacquiao. 114-113 Pacquiao.
Rematch clause. Rafael: "Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, who promotes Marquez (48-3-1, 35 KOs), said Pacquiao (45-3-2, 34 KOs) has...
DARIUS ORTIZ:*Blood over PacMan's eye, courtesy of a nasty right hand. Marquez on the attack! Body shot hurt PacMan! Pacquiao bleeding heavily....
"Marquez accidentally headbutted. He's bleeding over his right eye. " "DARIUS ORTIZ: Marquez back to jabbing. The blood not going into his eye."
For updates during the rounds: http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/fightcred/round?id=3283965
He's pretty much right. I have Mexican friends that follow boxing and they will never pull for a Filipino fighter, no matter what. But they root...
Steve Kim and Dan Rafael both mentioned the possibility of this double-header.
Well, it appears all parties are interested in making Jones-Taylor in the fall. Perhaps Jones didn't want to risk that payday with a fight on...
Why is Montreal a likely destination for this fight? Is it going to be paired with a Lucien Bute fight?
I don't have any problem with Gamboa being on BAD if it's like Berto-Bravo and is added as a third fight, or if it's a step up with a good main...
It has been slow, though according to the reports he was close to fighting Green earlier this year. That would have been a great step up....
I agree he doesn't appear to have a future on the same level as say Linares. He's got a more rugged, often dirty style...that's what made the...
There's almost no boxing hype in the Bay Area. That's why he rarely ever fights there.
Salido's the #2 and the #1 spot is open so this has a chance of happening in the near future. I haven't seen Salido since the Guerrero fight,...
The belt was worthless back when he was the champion. It hadn't even gained much credibility by the time Bowe had it. And it's not like...
Could not disagree with you more. I was wanting to see this fight long before Boxingtalk started taking their promotional fee. :lol:
What exactly are you arguing here? Klitschko and Peter have already fought and Peter was completely outclassed. How is it some huge bragging...
That's because most promoters don't actually promote anymore. But even the ones that don't actually promote still partially control access.
Calzaghe-Kessler, Hatton-Tszyu, Forrest-Mosley, Mayorga-Forrest, Pavlik-Taylor, Tarver-Johnson, Wright-Mosley, etc. There's plenty of examples....
Only when it went from Showtime to HBO.
Separate names with a comma.