Every fighter is interested in the paycheck. DLH's been the most call-out fighter of this era and it isn't even close. Mayweather's star...
Karmazin supposedly told Roach in the corner before the knockout that he had nothing left.
That's the point, they're not fighting those fighters. Instead, they're inventing new weight classes to fight each other.
So, Barrera and Morales are both planning comebacks. Interesting.
You expect them to admit that? "Yeah, I'm a shot fighter. I'm just here for the paycheck."
Most of them know that. They're just trying to sell fights and keep up their persona. But Roy Jones Jr. is one of the most self-aware fighters...
I didn't mind fights like Mayorga-Vargas or Jones-Trinidad because while I had no interest in the fights, there was no title being held hostage so...
How about Gonzalez-Carbajal as a match-up that produced both.
And he loved Derrick Jefferson.
Certaily moreso than Holt rematching Arnaoutis. :lol: I do think Mighty Mike beat Torres.
Not for Trinidad. He'd be better off looking for Mayorga again.
Chambers isn't really a stink kind of fighter, he has good handspeed but he primaril throws combinations in close....and he's rather stationary...
Margarito-Judah's being discussed for Showtime in May.
It's a laughable statement, and one Lampley probably wouldn't have said if Peter-Maskaev was still scheduled for Showtime.
Maybe someone should remind Hopkins he's actually in the 175-pound weight division.
This fight is the equivalent of when he fought Gatti...maybe worse...and the result should be about the same. Can't say I have much interest in...
"He said it could be at a catch weight somewhere between the 147-pound welterweight division and 154-pound junior middleweight class."
Mayweather's ducking him.
Castillo was the superior fighter, but Corrales was very entertaining and great with the American media and so he won't have to wait at all....
Because of a one-sided beating from Mayweather and two losses to Casamayor...and for being one of the biggest hypocrites in the sport. :dunno:
I can just see Corrales getting in first ballot and Castillo never getting in, or having to wait, which is a shame considering Castillo was simply...
Lewis-Holyfield
He was. Cintron's just trying to deflect the criticism after Paul Williams has been calling him out.
Who did Cintron just fight?
Who are you arguing with?
Steve Kim, Maxboxing: "I was told by more than one associate of Marco Antonio Barrera that he will be returning to the ring some time in 2008....
You could probably put Laurence Cole on here for a few fights...including the one that got him suspended.
They were consistently separated and Mayweather wasn't exactly out of his element on the inside...he used his elbows and free hands nicely.
I don't see why he deserves much credit for taking less money. Jones doesn't have that many big fights available to him, at least not ones he'd...
Exactly. Hatton took chances in that fight. I think he certainly could've lasted the distance if it was really a priority for him. After the...
Separate names with a comma.