There was some incompetence in Tua-Rahman that favored the Tuaman.
This ppv should've been titled "going through the motions".
This was talked about earlier in the week in the PR article that was talking about Cotto-Gomez.
It's a huge night for the Light Heavyweight division, though Dawson-Johnson will probably have a bigger impact on the future of the division than...
Well, The Legend was version 2.0 of Muhammad Ali so he probably could've beaten Liston, Frazier, Foreman, et al.
Yeah, that was a great knockout. It's amazing that he didn't go down. One of the best standing KO's I've seen...ranks up there with...
It's true that Jack Johnson was loved during his time. Great thread.
Can someone translate this page, because this is what I got from the website through a cheap online translation. "It sounds Gómez against Cotto...
According to Ricardo Lois, Boxing Confidential. It had been rumored by the website that it was going to take place on the Pacquiao-Marquez II card.
If that's your opinion, that's fine. I happen to think he'd do pretty well against the three current champions not named Wladimir Klitschko....
Lyakhovich certainly didn't look good against Briggs, though I think that's partly because the Cannon rung his bell early.
I think Lyakhovich is better than Peter. Gomez has to beat someone other than McCall for me to consider him the best from that card...and he...
I don't get it.
Not the best heavyweight. Gomez-Jirov was certainly a great fight that should have happened.
They must be stopped.:lol:
Yeah, at least when HBO was hyping up Mesi almost nobody bought into it.
That whole Night Of The Young Heavyweights card was an embarrassment for HBO. It's ironic that the two who became the most accomplished...
If the criteria is being exciting and winning, he and Abraham should probably be high on this list.
He narrowly beat Baza in the rematch and looked pedestrian against Rios. He beat Manfredy clearly, but Manfredy would lose to a lot of champions...
Yeah, If I remember correctly Ring did the same thing after the Morales-Barrera I. Ayala did make several concessions for the rematch...I think...
Yeah, but he was considered a huge puncher at super fly. That perception may have been wrong, but that's how he was regarded at the weight before...
Johnston had an argument, though it would've been based on volume more than anything as Ayala's win over Tapia was a much bigger win than any...
Romero was a good fighter. He moved up in weight right after that loss and I thought he beat Bungu for the super bantam title.
Rational and well thought out. :bears:
Yeah, I never understood the controversy regarding the Tapia fight (primarily the second, which seemed to be the more controversial)...except that...
Well, he did win Fighter of the Year, in what was the Fight of the Year, after beating Tapia but that's because it was a very down year. I...
Yeah, and Manny Steward should get much of the blame for this...a lot of people bought in to what he was selling before it became apparent how...
Augie Sanchez
I don't know about all that, but there tends to be an over-reaction after every fight. There was a lot of doubt on these boards about him even...
Yeah, I mean his knockout of Harris was one of the best from last year...Malignaggi couldn't knock him out...no matter how hard he throws his up-jab.
Separate names with a comma.