Pernell Whitaker cheered for Andrew Golota against Riddick Bowe. A truly worldly man.
First observation: you've misplaced Holyfield.
Here's some other opinions on FOTY: Tim Smith: Floyd Mayweather Jr. Steve Kim: Kelly Pavlik Kevin Iole: Kelly Pavlik David Avila: Kelly...
It's pretty bad.
http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3165926&categoryId=2491554&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab7pos1 (video links) This is their...
Roy Jones Jr. is going to be on FNF.
How much does it factor in that Maxboxing is partially a pay site? Eastsideboxing comes in at USD 64,000.
I can't really see how Cintron wasn't "dominated as bad as people on here would like to believe". I would like to see the fight again,...
I think it's a valid point to bring up the Castillo fights when, all things considered, JLC may have been the best opponent of Mayweather's...
Yeah, I used to read HOB all the time...back then they also had Michael Katz writing for that site. Now, you see a number of newspaper writers...
This reminds me of the Lennox Lewis-Brock Lesnar talk some years ago.
Juarez was competitive against Soto and at one point had a draw against Barrera in the first fight...so I don't really think he qualifies. It's...
Miguel Cotto: Cotto also went 3-0, stopping a game but outclassed Oktay Urkal in March. He had his biggest test in June, when he faced Zab Judah....
Well put.
According to Dan Rafael: -Williams, 26, will make his first defense against Puerto Rico's Carlos Quintana, who has been tapped as a replacement...
I agree, DLH isn't fighting Forrest...and he isn't fighting Wright.
Anybody know how much money did HBO put into the cost/advertising for the 24/7 series?
Pacquiao's so good you need twice the sparring partners? :lol:
It's doubtful Calzaghe will be in place long enough to throw any 9 punch combos against Hopkins. Hopkins is going to have to be on point with his...
Yeah, Malignaggi moves a lot but he tends to set his feet and get stationary when he punches...and his movement can go from side to side to...
His career spans almost 20 years, so his career KO % is going to include fights from over a decade ago...which is even more misleading (meaning...
The point is, why would you look at Hopkins' fights from a decade ago if you're considering a fight in 2008 at Light Heavyweight?
Actually, the original post said "Hopkins will STOP Joe C if the fight comes off but I don't think this fight ever happens." The reply to that...
Basically means that there's a better than not chance that you're going to sleep or getting stopped w/in the distance. Like I said, not recently.
Was this something you didn't know before about about DLH? If he couldn't do it when he was younger and more active, it wasn't a great bet he...
Well, it's no secret that boxing needs some new stars and I thought this was a great year for some of fighters to raise their status in the sport....
Not recently.
At 154...Vernon Forrest (because he won't fight Dzinziruk or Alcine and I have no interest in Spinks). At 147...Kermit Cintron (because he...
He coulda been as good as Ike Ibeabuchi.
It's like Planet Roy redux.
Separate names with a comma.