If only he'd been fortunate enough to be born 20 years later in time to dominate the worst era in modern boxing history north of Featherweight
Even allowing for the stretching of the word "great" to include some of those names... None of them were "great" when he fought them
I remember reading 2 or 300 articles in boxing magazines that taught me you don't need to know a whole lot about boxing or boxers to make a living...
Don't be retarded
This fella right here know the fight game
I'm gonna be spelling out "#YOLO" in urine on your TOMBSTONE if you keep mouthin off:flip:
Yeah Holmes issued a pretty reluctant thrashing to Ali, I thought
:lol:
Oh snap!
Yup
The fact that you equate those guys with Caveman Lee says it all really
As a heavyweight, yes
Everyone knew it was going in so that probably helped ... I do think Larry didn't relish beating Marvis up, though Joe rushed that kid and tried...
True
Oscar would've had his shit pushed in by Briscoe and Hamsho at 160
Though I suspect that was also out of respect for Joe as much as anything
Sometimes you see a kind of noble mercy like Holmes waving the ref (Mills Lane was it?) over so he wouldn't have to beat up on Marvis Frazier any...
:drl:
Have I got a deal for you!
Good point :l2:
On the other hand, Maxie Rosenbloom was quoted as saying "I never wanted to hurt nobody" overall, I'd agree... You need to be a lot meaner than...
Definitely an odd fight and highly questionable
Lol exactly
That was a tepid fencing match prior to the bizarre ending
You were attempting to compare Mayweather facing Corrales to Leonard facing Hearns as if these things have the same value
Leonard lost to some former featherweight who lost to Pat Lawlor!
I know you would and people would laugh like when you attempted to make Corrales into Hearns ... Your bias in favor of Floyd is comical
Ah yes, the JOM age fallacy Lol Canelo the legend
Hopkins "destroyed" DLH? LOL
Leonard's biggest win was against a guy who lost to some bum (I don't know anything about him, so he's therefore a bum) named Monroe
Separate names with a comma.