More often than not. But not in these cases. Tyson peaked at 22, Lewis at 34, I'm sure we can both think of many more 'outliers' from the normal...
And the terms were framed by the size of the ring and the amount of running he did in it. It was stink, in the common parlance.
I don't see any real inconsistency there. You have to take fighters on a case by case basis. Hopkins style and overall career arc are very...
OK, hows this - he reduced exchanges as much as he could, without completely giving away rounds. Which when you're as quick on your feet as...
*Unable to cut off a 24 foot clown ring against one of the fleet footed fighters OAT determined to run around the perimeter and avoid exchanges at...
I dunno man, if there's a difference it's minor. Leonard was 24, had extensive amateur experience & had already clocked up significant scalps...
Floyd actually fights allot like George Benton now except with more cheat moves. He's great to watch now.
Haye can move for 36 minutes. That's enough. Really. It'd be easy.
My hatred of fat heavyweights.
What makes you say that? You don't think there's less infighting/more clinching than there was 20, 30 years ago?
Third - even if pro judges don't give adequate credit to body punching, over 12 rounds they pay their own dividends in a way they don't over 3...
Ugo has a keen mind & is handsome & fine.
That's pretty much my position, yeah. And also that the differences change the pro game for the worse. Why do you disagree?
Do you think that's possible?
Yeah, that's the way I feel too. I think 1 & 3 contribute too, but if refs enforced the rules properly they could arrest those influences....
The relevant comparison isn't between amateur boxing and not doing amateur boxing, though. It's between how good a launch pad it is, as is, and...
Well, not really. His position is - 'the sports are now sufficiently different that the cross over between them is around 50% or less'. And...
If we could just clone Joseph Cooper and have him ref every fight I suspect everything might be OK.
It seems to me that, if it isn't dead in modern boxing, in-fighting is gulping for air and in pretty bad shape. I can think of 3 credible...
At least Haye took a few rounds; Tua didn't take a few seconds. Because he's awful.
Byrd, I think. Unless Haye manages to land something really big.
Haye sucks less.
Gotta prepare meals in advance in my experience. Just make a big mixing bowl of veg every morning/evening that you can add meat/eggs/fish to.
Tua sucks. Haye would hit him enough for Tua to back off and plod around doing not much. Haye would flounce around, clinch, land the odd big...
I think Haye would hold out. UD 12
I take it the protective equipment and scoring system is dictated by the Olympics rather than any supra national ABA commission?
Boxing without any violence :bears:
What size are these gloves they're using? Any idea? They look 12-14oz.
Having 2nd rate boxing at the Olympics devalues the Olympics & having young boxers train with a mind to fighting with these rules & equipment is...
Has anyone seen a knock down in the olympic boxing yet?
Separate names with a comma.