I guess once they were at the stage where they were on the periphery of the first team at Anfield they might be useful. We made a similar deal...
I think you overestimate how good these kids are at that age. The aren't CL class - otherwise they'd be getting the odd run out at Anfield
I really hope we meet Liverpool in Europe next year again, now. I'll be digging up this thread after the tie.
Gary Hooper - 2nd top scorer in the Championship behind Andy Caroll when we signed him, aged 22. That's in a team which narrowly missed...
I'll defer to you on that one then:Thumbs:
I'm not sure I'd favour any welterweight in history to win a 12 rounder over Hearns.
The facts that Pac has a 3 mile reach disadvantage, will be forced to come in aggressively and is relatively hittable probably does though
:lol:
For Motherwell maybe
Slice, whenever you're the last person on a page to post I always look at my sidebar scroller and think there's two posts coming.....but its just...
lost 2 of 6 games against top 5 teams from France, Spain, Italy with half our first team out injured & in an absolute doldrum of form. We'll...
I think it's a bit of an insult to think the Liverpool youth squad would saunter into our first team. Set up the deal with Motherwell or Bristol...
Looks like it's gonna be Hearts in the Semis! Strathcylde's fines are gonna have their hands full that day.
Rarely, I don't much care for beer. Guiness and other dark ales are my favourites when I drink beer though
Ah, I see I didnt realize they were divers
Really looking forward to the semi final, now. Whether its Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen it'll be a proper tie, as will the final.
Keeps things interesting. Hopefuly France hump Wales & Ireland beat England by hilarious last minute try of denial.
And Celtic will lose away in Europe regardless of whether they're better than their opponents or not.
So does this mean Perfidious Albion can still win it? Does it go down to goal difference or is it decided by the result between the two teams?
Psychology is definitely huge in football, I've been convinced of it for years. Come the last 20 minutes expectations start tugging like gravity
I'm warming to the chances of Cotto making a fight of it. He does some nice things to disguise his punches, which he might get some mileage out...
Didn't notice Swansea beat City. Gonna be a spicy run in.
I adore Joe Ledley's face. It looks like it's taken from a white photo of the French trenches. I can't decide who's face I prefer, his or Handsome...
4-0! GLASGOW'S GREEN & WHITE!
STOKESEY STOKESY STOKESY! Told you 3-0!
Stokes just missed an open goal. WHEN I SEE MY CELTIC, I GO OUT MY HEAD!
Tune in everyone quick - Paddy McCourt is getting a run out! :bow:
2-0! What a cross by handsome Charlie :mj:
YAAAAAS!!! Joeseph Deadly Ledley At it's best this is the best celtic team to watch of my life time. Handsome Charlie Mulgrew is morphing into a...
I guarantee a vintage second half. 3 goals at least
Separate names with a comma.