:lol: yup. About 10 inches or so, I think in my mind
Benn, while game and exceptionally powerful, simply isn't smart enough or versatile enough to deal with someone like Bernard Hopkins. Ultimately,...
Marciano doesn't fare well, I think in my mind, against too many good heavyweights from the 60s onward, he was REALLY small for a heavyweight...
on what do you base this crackpot observation?
It's an ideal matchup, really. Two surly, intimidating guys who were both Bullies. Liston indeed had a pulverizing jab, absolutely remarkable....
:laughing: Bruno is a better fighter than Tony Thompson, for sure
Bowe is probably a bit too big... Louis's offense and his heart combined Bowe's sometimes less-than-legendary defense mean that he is a major...
I haven't seen so much excitement over a fight between two Trash Collectors since Gatti/Ward
Honestly, until Jesus said it repeatedly, I had never heard anyone else make the accusation (maybe Rahman himself) anyway, Rahman would have...
Sibson was brave as could be in that fight I liked his comment afterwards, very good sport... "I didn't realize it was such a huge step-up in...
I don't recall a soul saying "Vitali is scared of Hasim Rahman" Hasim Rahman is a journeyman/fringe top-ten contender who scored one of the...
why do you believe this?
Who started this thread?
Legend
consistent motivation is part of being "in your prime"
His best occurred entirely within the realm of the 1970s. Duran's legend is built on his title reign at Lightweight, which is easily one of the 5...
No one did that.
Yup, he was a great boxer, very well schooled and he usually started fights by jabbing (he had a terrific jab) and moving... He had unerring...
I agree
You know who else was a brilliant outside fighter when it was necessary? Ruben Olivares
yup, he could really box nicely when the situation called for it (like the 2nd and 3rd Carbajal matches)
if there is a strawweight Eric Crumble, gimme that guy
:laughing:
He definitely deserved a rematch, you can't argue with that as far as his being "tedious" ... I fail to see how any of the hellacious beatdowns...
If you find Hagler, a versatile boxer/banger with a tungsten chin who unleashed some fabulous beatings in his career 'boring", I would hate to...
but he was certainly a lot further from his prime than Morales was against Espadas. Morales was IN HIS prime
:lol:
kind of like old-ass Holyfield getting beat up by Toney:crafty:
Same thing, sure... if you discount that Morales was in his prime, a lot younger and had accomplished roughly half of what Duran had by that same...
Yes, never mind one of the 4 or 5 most dominant title reigns of all time from 1972-1979... let's ignore that, and focus solely on a relatively...
Separate names with a comma.